No announcement yet.

RX vega pricing BS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There weren't for Fury X, but there were for Fury no?

I remember Sapphire had a different triple fan Tri-X air cooler for the regular Fury (non-X) and the reference PCB.
    DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclops View Post
      There isn't going to be any AIB cards for Vega, just like how there were no AIB cards for Fiji.
      You sure about that? http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/rev...strix-8gb.html

Comment

Originally posted by 10e View Post
        There weren't for Fury X, but there were for Fury no?

I remember Sapphire had a different triple fan Tri-X air cooler for the regular Fury (non-X) and the reference PCB.
        I had two of those Tri-X cards. I didn't take them apart but the PCB was the same length as the stock Fury. I think they just slapped an aircooler and backplate on it.

Originally posted by Gutternutz View Post
        I guess that is a non reference card. Although with the HBM2 and the GPU die on the same substrate, the AIBs won't really have any freedom of choice apart from better power delivery and binning.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclops View Post
          I had two of those Tri-X cards. I didn't take them apart but the PCB was the same length as the stock Fury. I think they just slapped an aircooler and backplate on it.
          The Tri-X is a reference card, however the Sapphire Nitro Fury released later does have custom pcb. They were allowed to make them for the Fury, it just probably wasn't worth it.
          My Imgur

Comment

I guess that is a non reference card. Although with the HBM2 and the GPU die on the same substrate, the AIBs won't really have any freedom of choice apart from better power delivery and binning.
            Makes perfect sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Necrodead View Post
              The Tri-X is a reference card, however the Sapphire Nitro Fury released later does have custom pcb. They were allowed to make them for the Fury, it just probably wasn't worth it.
              Yeah, I had a few Nitro Fury's as well. The coil whine on those cards were miserable.

Comment

Working...
              X