No announcement yet.

Who got what for Black Friday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decided to upgrade the main components of my second PC build after 5 years lol.

R7 1700X - $340
    Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K7 - $260
    Samsung 960 Pro M.2 512 GB SSD - $270
    32GB G Skill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 RGB RAM - $560
    Misc. watercooling supplies - $70-ish
    Possibly new case (still on the fence about it), Thermaltake View 71 - Would be $200 if I pick it up.

Can't wait for everything to come in

Comment

Nice grab OneFastStagea
      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

I'm tempted to grab a Ryzen 1800X just to see if it OCs better than my current 1700. Nice sale going on those CPUs, and there's 2 days left.

Comment

Wow, that was a good deal for the 1700x, One.

I just picked up a 1700 for $320 and I will be curious if I can OC it better than my 1700x! Silicon lottery, so less chance with 1700 than 1800x but there is a chance.
          My Imgur

Comment

Originally posted by Necrodead View Post
            Wow, that was a good deal for the 1700x, One.

I just picked up a 1700 for $320 and I will be curious if I can OC it better than my 1700x! Silicon lottery, so less chance with 1700 than 1800x but there is a chance.
            Yea, I was waiting for a good deal to come along to put together a Ryzen build. I was on the fence about the 1700X vs. 1800X for $60 more, but realistically I don't think it would've been worth the extra money. There's a fair chance the 1700X will OC close to/higher than the 1800X anyways but we'll see what happens once I get everything up and running!

At the end of the day, memory speed is more important for most things than getting 100-200MHz higher CPU clock for these so I hear. Spent a little extra coin on a quality motherboard and memory for that reason.

Comment

I got

ryzen 7 1700 - 289$CAD on ebay, new scealed box, free shipping from canada (there is a unit left I think this guy put a new one for sell every couple of days) edit : i just receveid it, its trully new in scealed box ! i wonder how he can have such great prices in canada.

TridentZ 3200 CL14 2x16GB (samsung Bdie) - 499$ + 25$tx , free shipping , newegg.ca

MSI X370 gaming plus motherboard 160$ - not the best but I was running low on cash. seems ok

and a few ships in Star Citizen

I will put my current 4790k + mobo for sell during christmass i think
              Last edited by joras; 12-09-2017, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Nice haul.

Comment

Finally received the drone monday.
                  Both the battery and transmitter for it are DOA/non-functional.
                  I've heard stories about gearbest being bad.
                  I can now tell you for myself.

They are an absolute nightmare to deal with.
                  After several tickets and insane responses from their "support" i've opened a claim with paypal and will get my money back that way.

Honestly, not kidding. Stay the hell away from Gearbest.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Neo182; 12-15-2017, 04:41 PM.
                  Nova Stryker / Asus Z77 Sabertooth | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 32Gb | Crucial M5 240Gb | WD Black | Asus R9 390 Strix | CM Storm Stryker | BP Summit EF
                  Nova Polaris / Asus Maximus Gene VIII | Intel 6600K | Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 16Gb | Intel M2 240Gb | Toshiba 2tb | EVGA GF 1070 | Fractal Node 804 | Swiftech Apogee XL2

Comment

That’s super disappointing

Comment

Total bummer Neo

Comment

Sorry to hear about thus Neo. Checked their website, no address or company name anywhere - would be red flag for me.
                        Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                        Venom Build: Build Log,
                        Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                        Orange Build: Final Video
                        HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Good news though.
                          Paypal sided with me today.
                          I got a full refund.
                          They told me i can keep the DOA drone since they did not respond to any of the emails through paypal.

So far it looks like the battery is completely dead and the transmitter is non-functional.
                          Good news is i can get a transmitter no problem.
                          Bad news is i cannot get a battery due to new canadian laws. (What the hell!?)

Completely unsure if the drone and camera are functional.

But the drone on it's own (the body and motors) go for 150$ +
                          And the camera goes for no less than 360$.

I can still get a handheld gimbal for it.
                          seen here:
                          https://www.banggood.com/FEIMI-X1BH-...r_warehouse=CN

Correction, i can get a battery from the states but for almost twice the price of one.

I think at this point i will get a DJI Spark and call it a day.

Way less trouble.

Last edited by Neo182; 12-19-2017, 01:41 AM. Reason: added photo
                          Nova Stryker / Asus Z77 Sabertooth | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 32Gb | Crucial M5 240Gb | WD Black | Asus R9 390 Strix | CM Storm Stryker | BP Summit EF
                          Nova Polaris / Asus Maximus Gene VIII | Intel 6600K | Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 16Gb | Intel M2 240Gb | Toshiba 2tb | EVGA GF 1070 | Fractal Node 804 | Swiftech Apogee XL2

Comment

Good to hear, Neo !
                            3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Score

Comment

Working...
                              X