Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• end of NCIX?

information from a TV show named Talbot yesterday

NCIX sent all bankruptcy documentation to all its suppliers, (Comfirmed by one of these at this show yesterday)

NICX are now under protection of bankruptcy law and this include all sub division like DirectCanada

not sure is a good thing to order from them , and if you have pending order, hope you will receive it

Can't say I'm surprised. I've not been overly impressed with their service over the past couple of years. Have had better luck over at Newegg and Amazon.

Comment

This has been coming for quite some time. Last I heard they were "restructuring", but I think it's too little, too late. Canada Computers is also opening stores out west now. Nails in the coffin lid.

Comment

Never liked the store. Always a hodgepodge of items with no order to them whatsoever, with fees hidden and mail in rebates already applied to the items to make the deals look better. Asking for shipping insurance every time you checkout and pre-order stuff appearing as if they are in stock. Very deceiving and untrustworthy.

Comment

Thaaat's why Direct Canada's CPU list is so short. They have 4 sku's, all older intel

Comment

I can confirm it too.

Memory Express already bought many NCIX store locations
            Luc

Orchid (Corsair-Crystal-570X)
            Silent Watcher (be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900)
            Eclipse (Parvum L1.0)
            Northern Lights (Phanteks Enthoo Luxe)
            Lady Sif (EK-Vulture)
            Xenomorph (Parvum S2.0)

Comment

Canada Computer bought 1 store and vancouver and ME 4 IIRC.

Comment

Cannot say im sad.
                Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                Venom Build: Build Log,
                Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                Orange Build: Final Video
                HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Not surprised. Last year and a half service has been garbage. They had a good run though.
                  Nova Stryker / Asus Z77 Sabertooth | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 32Gb | Crucial M5 240Gb | WD Black | Asus R9 390 Strix | CM Storm Stryker | BP Summit EF
                  Nova Polaris / Asus Maximus Gene VIII | Intel 6600K | Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 16Gb | Intel M2 240Gb | Toshiba 2tb | EVGA GF 1070 | Fractal Node 804 | Swiftech Apogee XL2

Comment

Originally posted by Akira749 View Post
                    I can confirm it too.

Memory Express already bought many NCIX store locations
                    Canada Computers took over at least 4 stores to my knowledge: Vancouver, Burnaby, Richmond and Coquitlam. Langley and Surrey I'm not too sure. Memory Express is opening a new store across the street from the Vancouver location on Broadway.

I'm a former NCIX employee, was laid off on Thursday.

Comment

Bummer dude.
                      Welcome to the forum
                      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by Zer0 View Post
                        Canada Computers took over at least 4 stores to my knowledge: Vancouver, Burnaby, Richmond and Coquitlam. Langley and Surrey I'm not too sure. Memory Express is opening a new store across the street from the Vancouver location on Broadway.

That's a real bummer.
                        Indeed, welcome to the forums.
                        Nova Stryker / Asus Z77 Sabertooth | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 32Gb | Crucial M5 240Gb | WD Black | Asus R9 390 Strix | CM Storm Stryker | BP Summit EF
                        Nova Polaris / Asus Maximus Gene VIII | Intel 6600K | Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 16Gb | Intel M2 240Gb | Toshiba 2tb | EVGA GF 1070 | Fractal Node 804 | Swiftech Apogee XL2

Comment

Sorry to hear this affected you personally. Welcome to our small place.
                          Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                          Venom Build: Build Log,
                          Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                          Orange Build: Final Video
                          HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

So sorry to hear, hope you find something soon.
                            3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Yeah unfortunately NCIX has been going downhill for the last few years. Newegg and Amazon have been my go to's for the last few years.

Comment

Working...
                              X