Are new Nvidia GPU'S coming soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are new Nvidia GPU'S coming soon?

I keep hearing rumors about new Nvidia Video cards. As someone who is running a GTX 760 4GB, and said Video card is the only thing keeping me from playing AAA games on my PC.
    I've been putting money aside for water-cooling parts and my new video card, to finish my new PC (Picture when I'm done of course).
    Should I put much faith in these rumors or jump on the first retail 1070-1080TI that I can get my hands on?

nVidia seems to release a new card in the 2nd quarter of the year.
    At least that is how it seems to me.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

I don't think you'd go wrong if you find a 1080TI at MSRP. That's a tough find nowadays, but it is possible. Not sure I'd go as low as a 1070 though, if you want longevity from your system. But that's just one old man's opinion, one old man who is VERY happy he bought a pair of 1080TI's before the prices went insane.

Comment

There is An EVGA FTW3 GTX 1080TI at Canada computers in stock for $1399, is that even MSRP for the card??

Comment

Originally posted by Torloth View Post
          There is An EVGA FTW3 GTX 1080TI at Canada computers in stock for $1399, is that even MSRP for the card??
          Nope, MSRP for that card I believe is about $1050 CAD if I'm not mistaken. Prices have gone nuts recently due to miners, or at least that's the BS that resellers are feeding us . It's a crappy time to be building a high-end gaming PC right now with RAM and GPU prices going out of control.

All I can say is I am also extremely glad I didn't wait to buy my GPUs...

Comment

The way prices are right now would hate to see what they would be asking for the newest card plus the fact u wont see any for months after the paper launch... ya around a $1000 cad for a 1080ti is normal pricing.
            Blackout
            Something-New
            Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

I don't blame Nvidia or the manufacturers for this. RAM prices are insane. I heard that has something to do with the increase in MSRP but that wouldn't make a $300 difference.
              I'm probably going to have to to hold out for something new or a wide scale restock.

Comment

RAM Prices are idiotic due to the demand for DDR4 in mobile and "add-on" type devices like smartwatches, etc... but the GPU prices didn't rise mostly because of this.

The damn miners are buying up all the cards and sticking them in their basements/garages and there is some price gouging due to the "supply/demand" model. Some on the distribution side, some on the manufacturers side, and a fair bit on the retailers' side.

When I see an RX 580 8GB card that was $330.00 a few months ago retailing for $699 that's not RAM prices. That's someone taking advantage of desperation.

The problem for the manufacturers is if they keep up with demand, at some point a reduction in mining for whatever reason means that they will end up with excess stock at some point, and will have to liquidate it, de-valuing their product. AMD dealt with this a few years back with the R9 290/290x cards. Bitcoin mining was nuts, then subsided, and they ended up slashing prices on these cards

It's a horrible time to build a PC based on newly sourced parts, especially GPUs, and to a lesser extent, RAM.
                DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

I know a guy on another forum that got 1080TIs for $700USD each, very recently. He used http://www.nowinstock.net/ I know nothing about this site BTW, but I trust the guy's word. He also said "they've been releasing them at MSRP on the Nvidia site every wednesday and friday the past couple weeks".

Comment

Has anyone ever ordered something straight from nVidia?
                    Do they declared at the border and charge the proper Import fees?

A reference card is Way easier to get A Block for.unless I can get my hands on the EVGA card with A waterblock.

Comment

Yes, I have ordered 3 cards directly from nVidia.
                      Received purchase in two days.

I paid only what I was charged at the store.
                      Last edited by Hooded; 02-17-2018, 05:26 PM.
                      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

There have been rumors about GTX 2070/2080s. Typically, when you hear these rumors, it takes about 3 to 6 months for them to materialize into a purchasable product. That being said, with record profits thanks partially to miners, I wouldn't be surprised if Nvidia kept the cat in the bag for a little while longer.

Comment

Working...
                        X