OS cleaning/security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OS cleaning/security

always good for me to check up on what you guys are using for virus/malware protection.

since I installed fresh Win10, I've totally done nothing.

any particular recommends these days?
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Just stick with Win 10 Defender - doesn't bog a system down and as long as you practice safe internet use, you're all good.

Comment

so buying things from non-secure Chinese pop up discount stores. bad right?
      HAF932 Mods
      C70 Mods

Comment

LOL, for sure. Not to mention those "freeware" spyware cleaning apps that are oh so helpful. =D (With the exception of Spybot Search & Destroy)

Comment

I don't use anything active anymore either, just malwarebytes and hitman pro if I want to run a scan to make sure I'm good.
          My Imgur

Comment

I will always run Spybot Anti Beacon to remove all the excessive telemetry crap.
            Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
            OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
            Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

I am clearly a huge beacon. All I have to do is think a google search and its the first result.
              HAF932 Mods
              C70 Mods

Comment

ESET Smart Security
                Spyware Blaster
                Spybot Anti-Beacon
                Private Internet Access
                Adblock Plus
                CCleaner

I use all of those. Layered protection.

Comment

CCleaner for me.
                  3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Squid Antivirus on my pfsense router, Windows Defender on my PC's, but mainly rely on common sense. Every now and then I'll run a malware/adware scan with one of the free programs, but remove it right after the scan is complete. If I need to download an old version of an app or a serial generator for a dead program from a seedy website I use an android tablet that is quick to restore if needed.

Comment

Apparently Win10 virus protection is suffice but I run Bitdefender because IDK Microsoft has a lot on their plate already and Bitdefender is dedicated to security. Haven't run CCleaner in a long time. Should probably try that. I just get a little paranoid when it's deleting things in the registry.

Comment

defender and anti beacon here, over time I find windows just ****s itself so new install now and again usually coincides with new hardware
                        Blackout
                        Something-New
                        Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Working...
                        X