Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oculus Rift : Something i've been looking forward to for a long time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oculus Rift : Something i've been looking forward to for a long time.

Heres a video demonstration of the dev kit.
    I'm a bit for a geek when it comes to such things.
    I'll be ordering one soon and post my own experience.
    In the meantime ,
    What do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P50fvL_EWYY
    http://www.oculusvr.com/
    Nova Stryker / Asus Z77 Sabertooth | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 32Gb | Crucial M5 240Gb | WD Black | Asus R9 390 Strix | CM Storm Stryker | BP Summit EF
    Nova Polaris / Asus Maximus Gene VIII | Intel 6600K | Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 16Gb | Intel M2 240Gb | Toshiba 2tb | EVGA GF 1070 | Fractal Node 804 | Swiftech Apogee XL2

Cool product but way beyond anything I could use it for.
    3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

My biggest fear, is that you won't be able to play long hours with it. Cause if you do, you'll be blind as a bat in next 2 years.
      Other then that, would love to own one.
      I still remember my 1st experience with virtual reality Forte VFX1 headgear and Hexen back in 1996! Was a blast.

Comment

Pretty cool looking product will be interested in your thoughts.
        Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
        OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
        Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

[QUOTE=Doxy;9966]My biggest fear, is that you won't be able to play long hours with it. Cause if you do, you'll be blind as a bat in next 2 years.
          Other then that, would love to own one.
          I still remember my 1st experience with virtual reality Forte VFX1 headgear and Hexen back in 1996! Was a blast.
          [/QUhttps://www.oculusvr.com/pre-order/OTE]

Exactly. I had one at my local cafe and i was there all the tine hogging it. I remember opening up the drivers and tweaking the dpi and other things in there. Itll essentially be an updated version of that. I dont intend on using it for extended periods though that would be hazardous to my health and vision. But ill keep you guys posted , the waiting list is crazy atm. Only about 650-700 units are out to kickstarter backers. I was late to the game but still eiger to tinker with it myself.
          Nova Stryker / Asus Z77 Sabertooth | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 32Gb | Crucial M5 240Gb | WD Black | Asus R9 390 Strix | CM Storm Stryker | BP Summit EF
          Nova Polaris / Asus Maximus Gene VIII | Intel 6600K | Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 16Gb | Intel M2 240Gb | Toshiba 2tb | EVGA GF 1070 | Fractal Node 804 | Swiftech Apogee XL2

Comment

Very nice, i can see that being nice in driving game when you are in the car view. being able to look in the side windows to see where you are drifting towards or look at the car beside you. they should make this for GT5 and ps3 (or ps4)
            Orange GT Build
            Orange V8 GT Build
            Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

ill be ordering one for sure, im just a little cirious as to why john carmack decided to drop out as being the retail game for it.

hes been on the project since kickstarted

eitherway i buy cool junk even if they turn out to be boring later lol anyone want to by the razer hydra lol

Comment

Lol ive got a dev version of it laying around , fun thing to play with but gets old fast.

Comment

I think I would rather have one of these...

(can someone verify this Vimeo vid link is embedded? http://vimeo.com/49762674 )

http://www.igloovision.com/
                  HAF932 Mods
                  C70 Mods

Comment

@Bungz
                    Imbedded , and plays np.

Comment

Have had the Rift CV1 for several months now and have enjoyed it immensely in flight sims, such as DCS and Elite Dangerous.

Picked up the touch-controllers from the summer sale and... mind blowing! I went in with low expectations and am seriously impressed. I'm sure I look like a moron to any passerby, but there is nothing more satisfying than smashing robots with your bare hands in Robo-Recall. LOL (Please note, I don't get out much)

Comment

Working...
                      X