No announcement yet.

FacePalm of the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Similar issue last summer lost my 20yrs safe driving.
    I was pissed.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

• Originally posted by Necrodead View Post
      Went out to get breakfast this morning, 5 min drive from my house, rear end this super old guy on the way home.
      Now its not as bad as it sounds, I was going maybe 2-3kph, it was more of a light bump. There was no damage on either car except for a little dirt pushed into the paint which I wiped off my car. He's going off though about his neck and how the bumper needs to be replaced, and the car has new paint (it did not, it was like a 95 merc slk worth less than my jetta probably) He started accelerating after a yield sign so I turned my head to shoulder check but he had stopped so I rolled into his car. Best case secenario; bodyshop finds no damage and im scott free, worst case; $300 deductible and my insurance goes up by 25$ a year since I lose my 10year safe drivers. And I was about to use that money on DDR4!

I had that exact same thing happen (bump in to someone when they started to go at a yield then stopped suddenly). The insurance place called me saying that I'd caused an accident, the person was complaining about whiplash, etc etc etc. Told them what happened, under 10km/h, no damage to my Civic, no damage to their car. They said "Oh really? We will call you back if there's any further action".

I never heard from them again.

Comment

• Originally posted by kennah View Post
        I never heard from them again.
        Good to hear Kennah, I gave my statement last week with pretty much the same details, and I was worried if this guy decides to complain about his neck. I have a witness too.
        My Imgur

Comment

• Even some of those low speed collisions can cause interesting damage. Wife was rear ended at low speeds and due to them having a front mounted license plate, which isn't required in Alberta but they were out of province. Following transport Canada's policy about replacing car seats even in a minor accident that low speed collision went over $1200. Doesn't help that the vehicle has a more expensive tri-coat style paint.
          Corsair 800D
          2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
          Software Developer

Comment

• Yeah I've had a low speed collision many years ago, (was cuased by ice, but in BC it is always drivers fault, where I know in Ab. weather can be at fault.) and I had front plate and it caused 'bolt marks' which required a $800 paint job because it was 2 tone paint. On a 85 corolla of all things, not even worth that. But this time I have no front plate, so I'm hoping.
            My Imgur

Comment

• Guess I should put that here.......Forgets battery charger at home for camera being used for wedding pics

Comment

• Originally posted by MemBusX View Post
                Guess I should put that here.......Forgets battery charger at home for camera being used for wedding pics
                Quick hint, go to Amazon Prime and get a couple aftermarket batteries. Try BM batteries, they work well and are cheap.
                3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

• Got another credit card fraud that i missed. Twelve hundred out of pocket.
                  Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                  Venom Build: Build Log,
                  Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                  Orange Build: Final Video
                  HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

• Damn that sucks!

Comment

• Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                      Got another credit card fraud that i missed. Twelve hundred out of pocket.
                      Damn, I so sorry to hear. Is there any recourse or action you can take ?
                      3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

• Quick hint, go to Amazon Prime and get a couple aftermarket batteries. Try BM batteries, they work well and are cheap.
                        I'll do that. Wouldn't hurt to have a couple batteries.

Got another credit card fraud that i missed. Twelve hundred out of pocket.
                        Damn man that's terrible. If that happens often consider First Report. $20 a month but it's fraud protection for your credit card. You get a free credit score check too

http://landing.firstreport.ca/

I actually use it too

Comment

• Not much. Seller is always at fault in this game. After equfax leak, i have barrage of fake orders. Not easy to catch them all.
                          Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                          Venom Build: Build Log,
                          Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                          Orange Build: Final Video
                          HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

• wife's PC: "warning, diskspace is 99.5% full. would you like to proceed with updates?"

fixed//

added very old 120Gb Mushkin SSD
                            relocated 65GB "Desktop" folder.
                            Last edited by bungwirez; 10-03-2017, 09:04 PM.
                            HAF932 Mods
                            C70 Mods

Comment

• for the lulz ... ya apple rimmers.

HAF932 Mods
                              C70 Mods

Comment

• End result turned into a functioning garbage can. It works well at it's job now !

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1392.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	78709

Comment

Working...
                                X