Lease a GPU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lease a GPU?

Really? would you guys use this type of service?

http://cuttingedgegamer.com/GraphicsCards/index.html
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

No LOL.
    Some one will though
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Just like hooded says.
      3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

This is interesting idea! Although I think that would be nightmare to mange this business.
        Sentinel Build: Build Log,
        Venom Build: Build Log,
        Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
        Orange Build: Final Video
        HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

I think too many people would want to rent a titan for a couple days and OC it then return it. Too much potential abuse and other things.
          Corsair 800D
          2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
          Software Developer

Comment

I would consider a service like this. However if interest rate are way out the wazoo , then that's a no.
            Interesting though. Like Izerous says. Overclock a card to hell and send it back. *evil grin*

I wouldn't do that - But many people would.
            Nova Stryker / Asus Z77 Sabertooth | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 32Gb | Crucial M5 240Gb | WD Black | Asus R9 390 Strix | CM Storm Stryker | BP Summit EF
            Nova Polaris / Asus Maximus Gene VIII | Intel 6600K | Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 16Gb | Intel M2 240Gb | Toshiba 2tb | EVGA GF 1070 | Fractal Node 804 | Swiftech Apogee XL2

Comment

Sounds like a gimmick to me. Imagine returning a GPU after leasing only to be charged for "damage" they claim you caused!

P.S. working in the court system makes me suspicious of everything!
              Last edited by scaccima; 04-19-2013, 10:59 PM.
              Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

I don't see this idea working at all. But I also have zero business knowledge, so what the heck do I know?

Comment

Only good in the 50 states and DOC...if it's a money maker,shouldn't be long before somethin' shows up in Canuckada.
                  CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
                  XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Comment

I looked at the deals and they lock you into a 12 month lease. it's not a month to month rental so there is no OC and return.

The prices aren't overly crazy either less than $300 interest on an $1100GPU. I don't know if it's a money maker or a smart idea for most people to lease a GPU but for some I could understand this being a worthy option to consider

EVGA 06G-P4-2790-KR GeForce GTX TITAN 837MHz 6Gb
                    $109.99 / Month
                    Term: 12 months
                    total 1319.88
                    Or
                    Outright from NCIX
                    http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=80597
                    1,029.99 USD

Comment

Hey I got a great idea lets buy cards then lease them for 1 year at a 20% markup. Then when the lease is up and they don't want to buy it out for an extra 10% we'll just take it back a sell it off used for 25% of the original cost.
                      Take Money Make Money
                      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

It might be tempting to those without the fiscal restraint to live within a budget. Is it an automatic buyout at the end of the lease, or an additional fee?

Comment

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
                          It might be tempting to those without the fiscal restraint to live within a budget. Is it an automatic buyout at the end of the lease, or an additional fee?
                          they do have a buyout program it's one month's lease and they will auto bill you the 13th month if you don't cancel your lease or return your card

it seems more like they want to keep you on the hook for the next card they have something called the infinite upgrade

they let you out of your lease early if you want you to send it back and upgrade to the next card effectively restarting your 12 month term

they get a used card they get to lease back out again and you stay on the hook for more $$

they have a series of fees for lost items

Original box and/or packaging:
                          $15.00
                          Driver/software CDs:
                          $5.00
                          Instruction manuals:
                          $5.00
                          Power cables:
                          $10.00
                          CrossFire or SLI Bridge:
                          $10.00
                          DisplayPort adapters:
                          $15.00
                          DVI to HDMI adapters:
                          $10.00
                          DVI to VGA/D-sub adapters:
                          $5.00
                          Other items not listed above:
                          $10.00

Comment

Do they come with water blocks ?
                            3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

I wonder if I could use the lease as a tax write off?
                              HAF932 Mods
                              C70 Mods

Comment

Working...
                              X