Good Day for a Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Day for a Change

I today was my last day for driving across the city to go to work. I quit Paper Mill job.
    Starting a new job tomorrow morning at new incinerator plant 5 min from my door to job. Good for almost 2yrs with week end off. I will have a life again and be able to get back to my Stryker build finally.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Congrats buddy, that sounds awesome. Not having to deal with traffic will reduce your stress levels by a HUGE factor. Heck, it sounds like you could even walk to work on nice days.

Comment

Paper Mill Pics

Last of Demo at paper mill.
      Yankee roller removal 75 tons

Switching the old Yankee roll out for new Yankee roll using 300 ton crane.

Install of Through Air Dryer roll. TAD roll weights 65 tons

Then I quit

Comment

Congrats man. Change is always good. Do what you gotta do!
        Nova Stryker / Asus Z77 Sabertooth | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 32Gb | Crucial M5 240Gb | WD Black | Asus R9 390 Strix | CM Storm Stryker | BP Summit EF
        Nova Polaris / Asus Maximus Gene VIII | Intel 6600K | Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 16Gb | Intel M2 240Gb | Toshiba 2tb | EVGA GF 1070 | Fractal Node 804 | Swiftech Apogee XL2

Comment

DO those rollers are wearing off? Looks the same
          Sentinel Build: Build Log,
          Venom Build: Build Log,
          Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
          Orange Build: Final Video
          HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Actually those two rollers are very different The Yankee is a fully enclosed roll heated with steam but no stream comes through the roll it just gets very hot from the steam. It is the start of the mills dry end. The paper goes around the Yankee for it's final bit of drying.

The TAD roll is a perforated roll with the one side completely open using cast spokes to center roll on shaft. The other end of roll visable in picture is closed. Once the TAD roll is in position on it's pedstals, there will be a duck system built tight to the roll. Using a vacuum to draw air through paper and roll to dry paper but keep it soft and fluffy so it don't hurt your behind.

Basic mill works like this.

Pulp is poured evenly between two screens goes through several vacuum chambers and rolls to reduce from about ½" to about .020" then comes off one screen and goes around the TAD roll on a single screen belt comes off TAD and last screen to go over the Yankee Roll for final dry. Then a system to roll the paper in a large roll 8' high 4' diameter that is this presses final product.

The tissue paper is never pressed together in this mill it uses a vacuum to remove moisture from pulp and reduce into a fine high quality soft but strong tissue paper.

Comment

Cool! Congrats on the new job! At one point my house and work were only a 9 minute walk apart! It was fun walking home for lunch and get a little play time with my son and still have time to walk back to work. Those were the days...
              Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

I really missed you buddy.
                HAF932 Mods
                C70 Mods

Comment

Congrats on the new employ and commute Hooded, glad to see it will give more free time bro!!
                  CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
                  XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Comment

Wow! You play with really big "toys" over there. You sure not gonna miss that a bit?
                    Congrats on the new job!.

Comment

Congrats on your new job and goodluck to your future endeavors
                      "Casper B!"
                      I7 3820 semi-k l Asus/Gigabyte R4E/X79-UP4 l 4x4gb Gskill Ripjaws Z 2133 l 2xGigabyte GTX670 Windforce OC l Asus Xonar DSX l Seasonic X1250 l XSPC D5/Daz D5 Vario l EX360 in p/p+2xCoolstream XTX 480 p/p/p l 2x560 AC Monsta p/p l 2xEK Uni-GPU Block Acetal l 2xBitfenix Recon 3D fan controller l Switch 810 matte black l
                      50' Panasonic Viera Plasma ST50 l 7.1 Pioneer A/V Reciever l f@h 4 the future

Comment

Working...
                      X