Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those were the days...
    Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Love the monte, they had style in these years though they are heavy drinkers by today's standard. nice job on the model and the pictures sir
      Orange GT Build
      Orange V8 GT Build
      Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

Originally posted by MRDcanadian View Post
        Love the monte, they had style in these years though they are heavy drinkers by today's standard. nice job on the model and the pictures sir
        Thanks MRD..tryin' hard on the pics with my cheap old Samsung...lol.
        CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
        XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Comment

Now this is a pic of a pic that a buddy who just got back from the Island on a fishing trip took. The guide said he and his son were out on the water awhile back and seen an eagle hit the water trying to catch a fish which is not uncommon out here. However the eagle got water logged before it could take off and was proceeding to drown. The guide and his son pulled the eagle aboard and when handled didn't put up any fight. They took it into the cabin and as you can see from the pic went straight for the heat vent and started to dry himself out. After he dried out they opened the cabin door, the eagle walked out on deck and flew away. Pretty darn cool story.

CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
          XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Comment

That IS a cool story, and a great pic! That's one bad-ass eagle!

Comment

That's amazing, rare opportunity to see an eagle so close and did a humane save as well !
              3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

A few more of the eagle and one of the halibut they caught.

Comment

Mmmmm Halibut !
                  3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Originally posted by GEARjmr View Post
                    Now this is a pic of a pic that a buddy who just got back from the Island on a fishing trip took. The guide said he and his son were out on the water awhile back and seen an eagle hit the water trying to catch a fish which is not uncommon out here. However the eagle got water logged before it could take off and was proceeding to drown. The guide and his son pulled the eagle aboard and when handled didn't put up any fight. They took it into the cabin and as you can see from the pic went straight for the heat vent and started to dry himself out. After he dried out they opened the cabin door, the eagle walked out on deck and flew away. Pretty darn cool story.

Sounds like this eagle has done this before! LOL!
                    Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

It almost seems so huh Mario?..lol...weird thing is the damn eagle didn't kick up any kind of stink being handled, I got a feeling it was too exhausted tryin' to keep its head above water.

Comment

Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
                        Mmmmm Halibut !
                        I know really good place for that!
                        Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                        Venom Build: Build Log,
                        Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                        Orange Build: Final Video
                        HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Speaking of birds. I went over to my parents this afternoon to mow the lawn for my father. (He just under went surgery)
                          My mother was saying that Rudy (my dog) kept barking a whole lot when I dropped him off earlier in the day.

I just carried on and went to mow the lawn in front. And went to join my parents out back. They have a Robins nest under the gazebo.
                          Mum was saying that the babies were getting quite big yesterday when I called them. Sure enough , today theyre out of the nest and trying to fly.

Here's a little video I took of them. There's actually three babies. Two you will see in the video , the other one can fly without any issues he's zipping about the neighborhood. You can hear the mom and dad chirping to try to coax the babies to get up and fly too. hehe.

Nova Stryker / Asus Z77 Sabertooth | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 32Gb | Crucial M5 240Gb | WD Black | Asus R9 390 Strix | CM Storm Stryker | BP Summit EF
                          Nova Polaris / Asus Maximus Gene VIII | Intel 6600K | Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 16Gb | Intel M2 240Gb | Toshiba 2tb | EVGA GF 1070 | Fractal Node 804 | Swiftech Apogee XL2

Comment

Cool vid and story there Neo! When I was a young lad, around 4 I decided in all my worldly wisdom to poke at a robin's nest with a fishing rod, well let me tell you, that mother robin did not take to kindly to me messin' with her home and proceeded to scare the bejeezuz outta me by dive bombing my head and taking a few well deserved blood drawing pecks on the top of my melon. I remember my mom telling me that when I got into the house I was white as a sheet...lol. Lesson received and understood.

Comment

Originally posted by GEARjmr View Post
                              Those wheels look awesome.
                              Even if it is a model, I was looking for over spray like I would on a real car in a non-factory colour. But of course, couldn't find any!
                              Really cool shots!

Comment

Working...
                              X