Primochill Rigid Tubing and Fittings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Limoross View Post
    Will Daz get stock of primochill rigid tube and fittings?
    Sorry no.
    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

How about some e22 tube to fit Bitspower crystal link.demand might be there.

Comment

hi

some personal review appear on some forum about primochill and (I saw only 2 for now) the primary marketing things from primochill, Compression fittings for a solid grip to the tube is false
        seem to be very easy to pull out the tube
        I will stay with Bitspower crystal link and e22 tubing
        I quoted one

Pros:

•Super cheap (Sold in packs of 4, 24" a piece for a total of 8 feet per pack. Only costs $15.)
        •Well packaged, solid enough not to break during shipping
        •Sold in almost every color imaginable, including four shades of orange, and both UV and non-UV colors.
        •Super time consuming (in a good way)! People are going to be making some cool designs that's for sure.

Cons:

•End cuts are horrible
        •No instructions; prepare for endless threads in the watercooling section about bending this stuff.
        •Does not include any sort of bending tool. There's nothing to put inside of the tube to prevent it from collapsing in on itself when you go to bend it. Users are on their own for that.
        •The fittings. Primochill released fittings especially for their rigid tubing and they are horrible. Not only are they chunky, but when you tighten the rigid tube in the fitting, you can pull it right out. It's so easy to pull out I'm actually concerned something would come loose if you tried to transport the case or if you accidentally pumped a tube with liquid in it. With a little bit of sanding and patience, you can get this tubing to fit into Bitspower crystal link fittings, which are much much more solid.
        the last sentence is false, you cant use primochill tube with Bitspower fitings

you can only if you sand both end of the tube, 1/2" is .7mm larger than 12mm, you need to sand it

Comment

Thanks for all your help snef, (I'm startin' to come over to the E22 and Bits side...lol) hmmm, seems I remember the Primochill vid stating that it comes with the silicone insert for bending. Somebody must have got their hands on some to review it because as far as I know its not for sale yet. Still waitin' on an email from PPCs as to when its in stock as they told me they had sent the PO for it and are waiting. Anyway, the E22 is startin' to grow on me and since I've got most of the angle fittings I'll need it would seem the way to go, and what the hell, I'll even do the dye...lol. Not gettin' any younger so I better live it up now!
          CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
          XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Comment

Need to wait for more build logs with the primochill tube to see if it works well

Comment

Working...
            X