Are you a fan boy. Team Red, Team Green and or Team Intel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you a fan boy. Team Red, Team Green and or Team Intel

TEAM Red for me on both CPU and GPU. Love the colour.

AMD is trying to put out products that are different and consumer friendly, Nvidia tries to put out GPP and are scamming consumers with the GT1050, and Intel is cheaping out with TIM and no included cooler as well as putting out refreshes of refreshes of refreshes just to look like they are keeping up with AMD's offerings.

I go with AMD CPUs and I tried going AMD with the RX Vega 64 but there aren't any waterblocks for the custom PCB's, so I am using a 1080ti. (Until AMD puts out a new GPU)

Comment

Waiting on new GPU from AMD to have a second Red team build. Needs to go with my thread ripper.
      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Nice Hooded. I got the vega 64 and now I'm wishing I stuck with my x2 fury's until the next gen comes out.
        My Imgur

Comment

Originally posted by Necrodead View Post
          Nice Hooded. I got the vega 64 and now I'm wishing I stuck with my x2 fury's until the next gen comes out.
          Which one you get? Why the regret? I have two FuryXs under GPU blocks and was looking to go Vega.

Comment

Originally posted by ht_addict View Post

Which one you get? Why the regret? I have two FuryXs under GPU blocks and was looking to go Vega.
            its a sapphire reference card with a water block. And I should have stayed with the fury's because I didn't get a noticeable performance upgrade in the games that I play, even games that can only use 1 card. also for some reason games take a lot longer to load than before, my theory for this is that its loading up 8gb of vram instead of 4gb. (but the annoyance is Forza 7 hangs up a lot and now I can't reload fast enough to get back in the same game, where as before I could) I would keep your cards until next gen imo. and mine weren't even the X model.
            My Imgur

Comment

Originally posted by Necrodead View Post

its a sapphire reference card with a water block. And I should have stayed with the fury's because I didn't get a noticeable performance upgrade in the games that I play, even games that can only use 1 card. also for some reason games take a lot longer to load than before, my theory for this is that its loading up 8gb of vram instead of 4gb. (but the annoyance is Forza 7 hangs up a lot and now I can't reload fast enough to get back in the same game, where as before I could) I would keep your cards until next gen imo. and mine weren't even the X model.
              Weird. I never owned a Fury but I did briefly have a 390X before hoping over to the RX 580, then I went ham and got the Vega 64 on launch.
              With that upgrade I definitely felt a change.
              I don't know if AMD's GPU plans are going to pan out. From what I've seen their GPU's (and presumably their future GPU's) are based around HBM2. But with the memory manufacturers rigging the prices the Vega cards became too expensive to make. If they do launch Navi based GPU's it will probably be far from now. Maybe they will go with GDDR6 instead of HBM2 but we will see.
              Vega 56 undervolted and overclocked can reach Vega 64 performance so if you can snag one of those up or even a cheap Vega 64 I'd say it is a healthy upgrade if you are sticking with Team Red.

Comment

Working...
              X