Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RTX 2080 + 2080ti: Who's selling their car to buy this GPU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heh yeah. From what I was watching on launch day, the Ti were sold out before the conference even finished.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclops View Post

Couple of things.

First, I can't find anything on Newegg.ca.
      Second, pre-orders through third party suppliers will always be more expensive.
      Third, those prices must be for the founders (reference) edition which are more expensive than AIO cards as well as inferior in terms of cooling and overclockability.
      Fourth, wait for the the actual cards to be available on retailers then check the price there.
      Fifth, Nvidia doesn't charge for taxes, your province does.
      You are being pretty demeaning considering I am not saying anything untrue.

https://www.newegg.ca/promotions/nvi...pg&icid=463281
      That is the newegg.ca link for RTX 2080's and 2080ti's.

https://www.memoryexpress.com/Brand/...RTX.Offer.aspx
      MemoryExpress Canada pre-orders for 2080's and 2080ti's.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/20-series/
      Nvidia pre-order site, US only but ships to Canada.

The e-retailers prices go from $1079CAD - $1649CAD then add 13%tax which of course I know is for Ontario...

Nvidia prices are $799 for RTX 2080 and $1199 for RTX 2080ti both in US Dollars. After conversion as of right now it would be $1045CAD for a 2080 and $1568CAD for a 2080ti.
      Then add $52CAD for shipping and before taxes you are already at or over the price of the custom AIB cards without even adding to the fact that you would have to pay customs fee because it is coming from the US to Canada.

So no, e-retailers are not more expensive in this case and that is due to cross-border costs but even without that the price would be only cheaper by $50 through Nvidia directly. Not significant really. Besides that the prices are still crazy overblown. Considering 7nm GPU's from both AMD and Nvidia are coming within the next year or so AND the performance of these RTX cards compared to the 10 series GeForce line are still unknown (with or without RayTracing enabled) there is no FACTUAL justification for the higher then normal launch price if you aren't accounting for Ray Tracing (which is hardly near being finalized even in the games that are supposed to support it).

I mean Jensen spent the whole time talking about Ray Tracing in the launch and didn't show a single performance metric that wasn't about tensor cores and the improvements to AI and Deep learning. They avoided gaming performances numbers. That is reason enough to not pre-order these cards. If the performance was equal to the doubling of launch price to the 10 series cards you would think they would mention it... maybe even brag about it... but no.

So I don't know what was so wrong with what I said before... I've laid out all the prices and I personally feel like launch is too expensive for no reason especially considering better cards are in the very near future.
      Last edited by Torvich; 08-24-2018, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nass View Post
        not sure what the retailers (third party) are asking but $1241 cad delivered for the founders 2080ti, am in. my 1080 cost me over a grand first month it was out, had mine for about 4-5 months before anyone else did.

Every year people always whine about the cost and then later upgrade anyway. My son keeps reminding me that 7nm wont be long now before it is released since this is such a later release compared to norm. He has a point really. But you guys know me never been a wait and see guy, patience being my middle name, ya no.

Think will order it anyway, find me a cool block/back plate for this beast Daz..
        How are you getting that price for the 2080ti?
        $1199US to Cad is $1568 as of right now. Then the shipping from Nvidia is $52CAD.

For $1200CAD I wouldn't scoff too much about it but $1700CAD after tax and shipping for FE is too much for a GPU without specs or performance numbers to justify it.

Comment

ya your right, was USD I was quoting. Seems that even a 2080 is around $1248 cad after tax's/shipping from Nvidia.
          Blackout
          Something-New
          Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

ya the ti prices are scary for sure, think I will wait this gen out, have a 1080 and a 1080ti so am good for awhile yet.
            Blackout
            Something-New
            Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Originally posted by nass View Post
              ya the ti prices are scary for sure, think I will wait this gen out, have a 1080 and a 1080ti so am good for awhile yet.
              I'm seeing used 1080ti's for 550-600 around here, having trouble keeping myself from buying one! lol
              My Imgur

Comment

Ya is good what nvidia is doing with this year's graphics but for gaming don't see enough reason and the price if it was the normal g-note for a ti then ya would get it.
                Blackout
                Something-New
                Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Working...
                X