Nearly wiped out my Gtx 670 :S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nearly wiped out my Gtx 670 :S

Was cleaning my blocks and stuff with some water and CLR mix on a table. (changing positions in case and stuff)

After about 30mins i decided to drain the bunch and start prepping to reinstall everything, i just had the hoses pushed onto the compression barbs and one slipped off the video card while i was shakin the res around.. *BAM* clr mix all over my 670 T_T.

Quickly stripped it down, flushed it clean with tap water and used a hair dryer on it for a while.

Re-assembled everything and around 1:30 am had it all more or less rebuilt, tried to fire up the computer - no video at all.
    Said "fk it" and went to sleep, next morning i tried it again just to check and THERE WAS VIDEO!!!

I guess this card is really unhappy with me now but at least its still working for now, maybe something didn't dry out properly before, it was still squealing when i started a Furmark burn in on it but after about 10mins it stopped.

Honestly thought i was going to get a new 770 or maybe even sell my soul and go amd

Ps. Have to say I cannot wait for the day everything in Canada goes full metric, I thought i got the same fittings as my other ones but it turned out their OD was way larger Damn you stupid inches!!!!

Close call.
    Sounds like you lucked out though.
    Good save
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Yeah I really need to plan my drain options better, I normally focus so hard on just making a working loop that by the end once if filled it I have no idea how to safely get the liquid out again.

I should invest in a pair of quick connects with stops I think, do those work well?

Comment

Good drain is KEY.

Damn... now that I think about it... I'm gunna need one of those too! cripes!!

the QDC are great, but don't really help you in emergency to drain liquid.

I like this - located at bottom of loop, usually on spare port of Rad or Rez.

https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...black_sparkle/

you still need another fitting/barb and a plug at the end of it,
        but this in your loop can save you days of anxiety.
        HAF932 Mods
        C70 Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Lipe123 View Post
          Was cleaning my blocks and stuff with some water and CLR mix on a table. (changing positions in case and stuff)

After about 30mins i decided to drain the bunch and start prepping to reinstall everything, i just had the hoses pushed onto the compression barbs and one slipped off the video card while i was shakin the res around.. *BAM* clr mix all over my 670 T_T.

Quickly stripped it down, flushed it clean with tap water and used a hair dryer on it for a while.

Re-assembled everything and around 1:30 am had it all more or less rebuilt, tried to fire up the computer - no video at all.
          Said "fk it" and went to sleep, next morning i tried it again just to check and THERE WAS VIDEO!!!

I guess this card is really unhappy with me now but at least its still working for now, maybe something didn't dry out properly before, it was still squealing when i started a Furmark burn in on it but after about 10mins it stopped.

Honestly thought i was going to get a new 770 or maybe even sell my soul and go amd

Ps. Have to say I cannot wait for the day everything in Canada goes full metric, I thought i got the same fittings as my other ones but it turned out their OD was way larger Damn you stupid inches!!!!

Sell your soul, I have a 290 and can attest to its greatness

Comment

Originally posted by Chann3l View Post
            Sell your soul, I have a 290 and can attest to its greatness
            Nevah!! Team green ftw -it even handles water spills haha.
            Honestly i know the new R2xx series is very good cards but up to this point its been a mixed bag of sometimes good and sometimes just terrible.

In other news, I totally bricked my phone yesterday while trying to get Cyanogenmod on it *sigh* this is not my week.

Comment

Working...
            X