Future Proof RAMs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Proof RAMs?

Is 16gb of rams enough for a future proof computer? I have a i7 3770 and 8gb ram..I'm planning to add a 16gb (2x8gb) or just another 8gb (2x4gb)?
    Silverstone Raven RV01, i7 3770, Asrock z77 Extreme 4, 8gb G. Skill Ripjaws X 1600mhz, Asus GTX 660 Direct CU OC Edition, 1TB WD Blue, Cougar CMX 700w, Custom FTW PSU Extension Cables

I'm of the opinion that 16Gb is more than enough.

I suspect you currently have 2x4 right?

then I would just try to up that to get a matching set of what you already have.
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Comment

I agree with Bungz here. Unless you are doing some rendering or anything that eats ram for lunch, 16Gb of ram is plenty enough.
      Luc

Orchid (Corsair-Crystal-570X)
      Silent Watcher (be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900)
      Eclipse (Parvum L1.0)
      Northern Lights (Phanteks Enthoo Luxe)
      Lady Sif (EK-Vulture)
      Xenomorph (Parvum S2.0)

Comment

My rendering is not that heavy, maybe I'll go with what bungwirez said. I'll go for another 8gb.thanks guys
        Silverstone Raven RV01, i7 3770, Asrock z77 Extreme 4, 8gb G. Skill Ripjaws X 1600mhz, Asus GTX 660 Direct CU OC Edition, 1TB WD Blue, Cougar CMX 700w, Custom FTW PSU Extension Cables

Comment

Fill them RAM slots all you can unless you OC. 16GB will keep you in the loop for a long time.
          sigpic
          CPU:AMD 8350
          MB: Asus Crosshair Formula-Z
          GPU:dual X-Fire AMD R9 290
          HDD: 3 for total 1800GB
          Monitor: 24" Phillips 144hz
          Case:Haf-X EATX
          PSU:Seasonic 1050W Gold
          8Gigs G-Skill ddr3 1600Mhz CasL-9
          Darkside triple rad kit+XSPC Razor GPU block.
          Color scheme:RED,RED and RED

Comment

I went 32GB at home because we have 16GB in every office computer and some of the stuff we do I do see it get higher up on the used scale. The other cool thing about extra ram is ram disks are a fun thing to play around with on occasion and depending on what your doing can really speed some things up.
            Corsair 800D
            2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
            Software Developer

Comment

with 32 gigs of ram you need to have professional or Ultimate

home premium will only see 16 gig

Comment

16 gigs of ram is tons, try to use a higher speed ram with a low latency. Trident X is one of the better ones and you can overclock the bejesus out of them ! A few of us here use the 2400's with the 10 latency
                3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
                  16 gigs of ram is tons, try to use a higher speed ram with a low latency. Trident X is one of the better ones and you can overclock the bejesus out of them ! A few of us here use the 2400's with the 10 latency
                  I have 2 of my rigs with them and this is what will go in the upcoming build too. Such a nice spec'd ram at a decent price too!
                  Luc

Orchid (Corsair-Crystal-570X)
                  Silent Watcher (be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900)
                  Eclipse (Parvum L1.0)
                  Northern Lights (Phanteks Enthoo Luxe)
                  Lady Sif (EK-Vulture)
                  Xenomorph (Parvum S2.0)

Comment

Yup, 100 bucks for a pair of 4 gig 2400's or 170-80 for a pair of 8's. Top heatsink slides off if you want to paint it( gold ) heh heh
                    3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Speed is definitely more important especially if your just gaming, at least until more games are 64 bit. Its always nice to just load it up anyways tho and 16 should be more than enough if your rendering. ...or so I would imagine (can't speak from experience in regards to rendering)

Comment

thanks for your reply guys..i think i'll go with 16gb..and I have one more question, I'm planning to buy a 480mm rad because I think I can use it in the future (when I planned to upgrade my rig) if I'll be spending money for custom water cooling I'll pick the future proof and the best parts since it will last longer than the main hardwares of my system unit.what do you think guys?

Comment

Always good to future-proof and as long as you can put the 480 in one of your cases.

Comment

Wait until you decide on a case before you commit to a 480 rad. They will only fit a few cases out there.
                            I like the EK-Rads because the multiple ports on them, provides a few more options for filling and draining.
                            However the Darkside rads preform just as well if not better.
                            Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                            OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                            Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

before buying a Rad, like Hooded said, be sure of the case you will use, just a couple of case at good price can handle a 480 rad

if you are able to spend $400 or more on a case or want a FUC.... big tower, its ok for a 480
                              ahh enthoo primo is under $400 and can install a 480

and for Rad, take a serious look on Darkside Rad, they are really great, never tried EK and the only Alphacool I saw is a Monster 360 and I was not impressed by quality,

Comment

Working...
                              X