NZXT Source 340

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NZXT Source 340

Mid Tower. Black, Red accents. 99bucks on CC.

picking up later this week. my own review and build to follow.

HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Looks like a nice little case for the price.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Very compact, and space efficient case. It is actually smaller than a lot of Micro ATX cases.

Be very careful with the matte paint. It scratches easily. My DS340-E build was based on it and I ended up re-painting the PSU shroud because the Monsta 280mm radiator I had in it played havoc on the shroud's paint.

Otherwise great score and guut tidings!
      DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Very clean looking case, wish more companies made stuff like this but in aluminum.

Comment

Ok... here we go. Deal is ... parts out of my closet:

ASUS ROG Z68 | i7 2600K | CM H212 | DCII GTX 680 | 16Gb Gskillz
          120Gb OCZ SSD | 300Gb Seagate HDD | 2x140mm Fractal Fans | 1200W OCZ PSU

So, a lot of kit. Just lying around. And as you know. Its going into this NZXT S340.

Most obvious things upfront are the fully separated PSU chamber,
          and the red bar masking the gap where you would expect to see those nasty old grommets.
          Obviously, this is a tube rez mount. Good on you NZXT!

I put the sidepanel window away cause... Lil Bungz.

From a modding perspective, this front panel is the bomb. super plain.
          The black fascia unscrews from the red plastic so it would be easy as hell to convert this into open window with backlights.
          If you've seen the Razor edition of the S340, you'll see what I mean.
          NZXT did a great job on keeping this front panel simple, yet open enough to allow intake airflow.

Really great. Mesh dust filter, fits little slot at bottom with magnets at the top. Slick.
          Front intake will hold 2x120mm or 2x140mm.
          The verticle slots will make for an easy install of most rads!

Rearview.

Topview. with Ye Ole pretty typical front panel accessories.
          Also the top vent comes with a pre-installed 120mm, but you could always swap it out for a 140mm.

The backview. All black cables. A zillion tie downs.

The essentials. really nice how they've labelled each bag with the screw type. AND - the addition of a stand off socket!

Both provided fans are 120mm NZXT branded
          Rifle Bearing RF-FN122-RB
          Rated @ 12V DC / 0.16A / 1.92W

Lets get into the install eh?
          you can't just slap the PSU into the bottom. Thankfully, PSU adapter panel.
          Honestly, I had to really fiddle with this to get it mounted, could be me...

With this mammoth overkill 1200w PSU installed, and all the cables tucked inside. Wowzers.

this case will hold two 3.5" HDD. you'll see the orientation of the SATA power.
          I ultimately inverted this drive to bring the connectors closer to the SSD.

Also mounted in full view ontop of the PSU shroud, are dual SSD brackets. Genius.
          held inplace by a single screw, and four little slot/tabs ... like it alot!!

although, I only have one SSD.

Next up, I installed a pair of 140mm Fractal Design fans - presumably these were stolen off a Define R4? IDK...

And Roadblock.
          The ROG Z68 - I forgot - is actually considered an "oversized" ATX .... and well ... RIM.
          She won't fit with this bracket installed. Damn.

Looks like this case will see my Dremel after all!!
          Just need to remove this see you next tuesday hair.

In the morning when Lil Bungz is out of the house.
          Last edited by bungwirez; 12-21-2015, 05:26 AM.
          HAF932 Mods
          C70 Mods

Comment

Great start to the project.
            That looks like a really nice case for the price.
            Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
            OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
            Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Nice review Bunger!

I noticed the little hole in the back above the rear 120mm fan mount for the I/O lighting module included in the Razer edition and the little cut out in the front plate plastic backing from the Razer editon, both which don't exist in my black and white S340s, as they were bought pre-Razer edition.

But I was lucky to get 'em for like $60.00 on sale prior to the exchange rate BS.
              DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Working...
              X