Not just Thermaltake knocking off CL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not just Thermaltake knocking off CL

I'm sure this is old news, but did anyone else know about this S8 inspired *cough,copied, cough*, case?

http://www.xtremerigs.net/2015/01/19...d-competition/

Seems like it was more than just aesthetics they were inspired by though.

Only sold overseas and was a special build for OCUK.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
      Only sold overseas and was a special build for OCUK.
      Oh ok, that makes sense then...now I feel like a dick lol.

Comment

I don't know if anyone is really copying anyone. Back in 1998 I had a server cabinet that was very similar to the Magnum XT10. It was about as high, about the same width, the front was full of hot swap scsi drives and looked very similar from the front. It had two intel boards running twin Pentium pro's on each. It had two side panels that wrapped around the front. When you would open the side it would completely expose the entire guts on that side of the cabinet.

Comment

Originally posted by dvnoakes View Post
          I don't know if anyone is really copying anyone. Back in 1998 I had a server cabinet that was very similar to the Magnum XT10. It was about as high, about the same width, the front was full of hot swap scsi drives and looked very similar from the front. It had two intel boards running twin Pentium pro's on each. It had two side panels that wrapped around the front. When you would open the side it would completely expose the entire guts on that side of the cabinet.
          Ya there are only so many ways to build a case and lots of companies are inspired by previous designs. Caselabs was inspired by mountain mods but If you like at them side by side they don't really look anything alike except for general shape and size. Thermaltake basically used caselabs exterior styling. From what I understand after being politely asked not to take pictures for their r and d team, the Thermaltake engineer just went and bought a caselabs case. Doesn't sound like they are trying to pay homage to caselabs with that approach. Just my thoughts on it. Anyways as far as Inwin is concerned I didn't really have all the information, in other words, I didn't read carefully enough :p

Comment

Working...
          X