Good watercooling cases for 550 or less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good watercooling cases for 550 or less

Unfortunately financially things weren't quite where I wanted for my new build. All internal parts will be as I hoped but caselabs is probably out as I'll be limited to about 550 case wise. I am thinking about the parvum m1.0 as it would come in around that range but I am wondering if anyone had any ideas for a well built unique water cooling oriented case? All suggestions welcome. Cheers.

Define S?
    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Phanteks Evolve
      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
        Define S?
        Thanks I'll look into that. Parvum m1.0 was definitely my second choice if I couldn't go caselabs but now I'm questioning that due to the lack of 5.25 bays which I need for my controllers. Define s looks like it's quite spacious.

Actually if I went with something less expensive like the define s I'd have plenty extra to add mosfet cooling.

Comment

Hmmm I wish there was more on offer between 400 and 500 and aluminum but it looks like the phanteks luxe is what I'm coming back to. Can fit a thick 240 in the front and 360 in the top and still mount my controllers. The evolve would be ok but there are no 5.25 bays

Comment

I know you probably aren't a huge thermaltake fan, but I really like the core x9 for watercooling support. You could do dual 4*120 rads in the top for crazy cooling. I would have said enthoo too but already mentioned.
            My Imgur

Comment

Originally posted by Necrodead View Post
              I know you probably aren't a huge thermaltake fan, but I really like the core x9 for watercooling support. You could do dual 4*120 rads in the top for crazy cooling. I would have said enthoo too but already mentioned.
              I honestly like the look of the x9 but I don't know that I could bring myself to get it. I don't know lol. The luxe is actually starting to look really good to me. Can house all my hardware and has a more subtle design. It's all still up in the air though .

Comment

You're looking at which color for your case?

ATX or mATX?
                Luc

Orchid (Corsair-Crystal-570X)
                Silent Watcher (be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900)
                Eclipse (Parvum L1.0)
                Northern Lights (Phanteks Enthoo Luxe)
                Lady Sif (EK-Vulture)
                Xenomorph (Parvum S2.0)

Comment

Oh! Did you look at the Lian li PC-08? I just thought of it now but its $500 and awesome if you like glass.
                  My Imgur

Comment

Oh! Did you look at the Lian li PC-08? I just thought of it now but its $500 and awesome if you like glass.
                    Thanks, I have looked at it but I've decided I'm most likely going to go with the phanteks evolv atx version. Will allow me to fit an admiral 360 in the front and a 60mm 240 in the top and leaves me with some extra cash in case I miss something lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Chann3l View Post
                      Thanks, I have looked at it but I've decided I'm most likely going to go with the phanteks evolv atx version. Will allow me to fit an admiral 360 in the front and a 60mm 240 in the top and leaves me with some extra cash in case I miss something lol.
                      Nice, thats a really nice case. Didn't know it had so much rad support either. This rig should look awesome with all the parts when it's done.
                      My Imgur

Comment

Nice, thats a really nice case. Didn't know it had so much rad support either. This rig should look awesome with all the parts when it's done.
                        Thanks I'm hoping so. The admiral should really fill it out and that grill you shipped will make the 240 look really clean.

Comment

Avoid the Evolv. Airflow on it is horribly restrictive.

I had the Micro ATX version. Put two 240mm radiators in it for an I7 4790K and two GTX 970s. With 1850 RPM Gentle Typhoons all around the cards when stressed would only hit 43 celsius in Unigine Heaven with the front and top panels off.

That was with the Gentle Typhoons at around 1000 RPM showing from the Phanteks Fan hub. Once I put the front and top panels back on the cards went up nearly 8 celsius and the fans were running nearly full speed. Big, bad difference.

The Enthoo Pro is a great case for WC and having Optical bays.

I had a 360mm Monsta in the front with an ST30 420mm radiator up top and it was awesome, so the Luxe would be good as well, because it also allows fans to be placed between the frame and top fascia. If you want to keep the optical bays you could do a 420mm up top in push-pull no less (as long as it is 45mm or thinner) AND a 240mm in the front or bottom and keep all your optical bays.
                          DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Working...
                          X