EVGA gaming case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVGA gaming case

This was quite a unique case, I thought. The only other case I know of on the market that has the rear I/O 'inside' the case is the inwin 909+901, but I think they have done a much better job here with the rear door.

My Imgur

It has a nice look but they need to reduce the plastic body with steel or preferably aluminum
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Apparently scheduled to be made of aluminum.
      My Imgur

Comment

I want to see the sticker price on this sucker in Aluminum

Comment

Looks pretty nice. Although a bit too busy for my taste.

Comment

There's been a few reviews on this chassis, here's the link for EVGA's DG-8 Series chassis http://www.evga.com/Products/Product...s&chipset=DG-8 they range from $149.99 US for the DG-84 to 229.99 US for the DG-87. Note: the difference between the DG-86 and the DG-87 seems to be for color choice only - DG-86 is black and $199.99, the DG-87 is gunmetal grey.

Here's HardwareCanucks take on the DG-87,

and a quote from a review from Hexus.net " When using the case it becomes clear that EVGA has managed to keep costs down by using large swathes of plastic attached to a steel central frame, though that isn't necessarily a bad thing. An aluminium model would no doubt cost a small fortune.... "

Hexus.net had a much more positive conclusion in their review for the chassis http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/chassi...-dg-87/?page=5 vs the Harwarecanucks.com YouTube review (above).
            Last edited by brechan69; 08-19-2016, 09:24 PM.
            AsRock Extreme6 Z97, Intel i5 4690K 16 GB Kingston HyperX DDR3, EVGA GTX 1070, ASUS Strix Raid Pro soundcard, Corsair HX850i, 256 GB Crucial MX100 SSD, 500 GB Crucial MX100 (Gaming) SSD, custom water-cooled Corsair Air 540, MSI AG32C LED monitor, Insignia 32 " LED TV, Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Comment

Originally posted by brechan69 View Post
              the difference between the DG-86 and the DG-87 seems to be for color choice only - DG-86 is black and $199.99, the DG-87 is gunmetal grey.
              Looks like the more expensive case has a fan controller, a temp sensor and display and more SSD/HDD mounts.

Too bad, I remember they talked about it being aluminum, but I guess that would have made it too expensive.
              My Imgur

Comment

I like the concept of this case but not the lay out. no 5ΒΌ" bays with so much space available seems wrong. The LED should be so much more as well. Reporting many temps would have been nice.
                Seems to have a lack of air flow in the lower chamber, at least to me.

Comment

Working...
                X