Trestles slow and easy build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trestles slow and easy build

So far my venture back into this has been very pleasant! So many cool new products since 2003. Thanks so far for all of your help.

I decided to go with the corsair 450d as the depth is very similar to the enthoo mini xl which won't be released till the holiday so I'm told ( maybe swap cases later). wanted the primo of coarse but our small lil cali home just won't make room for it.

parts I've gathered so far

EK xtx 240 rad
    ek dk5 150 res combo
    ek gtx780 ti copper block
    ek supremacy block
    ek white nano fluid
    Attached Files

Very nice pieces for build.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

That vid will look nice with white running through it. Use the ice dragon myself. Looks nice in clear tubing.
      Blackout
      Something-New
      Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

picked up a z97 asus maximus hero vII from the local computer department store today they matched online prices and the gene is the same price if not more. figured might as well get the full atx board if my case allows it.
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice board

Comment

Excellent young sir !
            3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

so the 450d is to small and don't really care for the build quality. so its on craigslist and i just ordered a black Phanteks luxe. The primo of coarse was the top pick but just couldn't get over the size. for a single gpu build its just too big... as beautiful as it is.( mainly liked the door to hide the front)

also received my EK supremacy block a few days ago

I plan on trying to recess mount the D5 EK 140 combo down into the PSU cover that comes with the Luxe at the very front. so that just the EK res housing will be showing above. I think there should be enough room between the GPU card and the top of the resivor if offset. Case should be here in a week then the build will really start to come along.
              Attached Files

Comment

Good case is foundation fro success. Good to hear you have guts to change instead of fighting wrong war.
                Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                Venom Build: Build Log,
                Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                Orange Build: Final Video
                HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

You will love the Lux. Has more room than the Pro plus all that RGB lighting for case is nice feature.

Comment

Got my luxe case so much nicer than the corsair. Cut notched n bent the resivor pump mount to kick it farther out away from gpu a 780 should just fit in there if I measured right. Plus the mounting is much more secure. My second ek 240 radiator and aqua tube resivor should be here Wednesday. Radiator will be placed on bottom and aquatube res just above the phanteks logo. Gonna order up some white bitspower fans this week n try to buy the gtx780

Comment

Excellent ! Very nice case with lots of room by the looks of it.
                      3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Good stuff that's a rich lookin case

Comment

Aquatube res and second 240 ek radiator is being delivered tomorrow. Just ordered up 12 white bitspower acrylic fittings with their 12mm tubing.... Stuffs adding up quick! Can't believe how much these online stores get u on shipping. I've had many a hobbie mountain biking, surfing, golf, bmx I think shipping all these small parts r more expensive than bike parts

Comment

Got another package. Installed the aquatube resivor In the enthoos side panel. Purely aesthetic but in pretty stoked on it. Also recieved my second 240 radiator. So I'll have one at the bottom with the 200mm fan blowing cool air in then the fans sucking the air down and exhausting out the bottom. Then the top will have the big 240 rad sucking air out. Ordered all of my white bitspower fittings and my gtx 780 back plate. Also ordered some textured white carbon weeved vinyl to cover the psu cover and possibly the side panel up front

Last edited by trestles126; 09-20-2014, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Looking good
                              Stubs

Comment

Working...
                              X