No announcement yet.

Project Orange Horizon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something really weird happened today. For some reasons, my reservoir leaked but I can't tell why since I haven't done any change since I completed my build.

Should I be worried?

Orange Horizon (Parvum Systems S2, i5-4690K, GTX 780TI, 16GB CL9, 500GB, Custom Loop)

Comment

• Is there a crack in acrylic tube?
      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
      Venom Build: Build Log,
      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
      Orange Build: Final Video
      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

• Once there's a leak...there is always a leak.

Until repaired..sigh

Comment

• Originally posted by DazMode View Post
          Is there a crack in acrylic tube?
          I don't see any cracks.

Originally posted by Hanoverfist View Post
          Once there's a leak...there is always a leak.

Until repaired..sigh
          This is what I think but I'm trying to understand why it just happened now. On one hand, if there was a problem when I built the system, it would have leaked at that time, not 1 month later. On the other hand, I started to do protein folding so my system is a hotter than what it is used to be (around 50°C for a few hours). Maybe the leak only happens when the fluid is warmer. Would it be possible?

I cleaned the exterior of the reservoir an hour ago (with a Scott towel) and it hasn't leaked since. I also stopped the protein folding until I understand what's going on.
          Orange Horizon (Parvum Systems S2, i5-4690K, GTX 780TI, 16GB CL9, 500GB, Custom Loop)

Comment

• Looks like fluid build up underneath the tube threading, most likely the res tube needs to be tightened

Comment

• If tightening wont help, you have to drain and see if o-ring is present and not damaged.

Comment

• Hmm, if it leaked once it should leak again. I'd be very suspicious if that leak simply stopped.

Comment

• This project has been listed in the Forbes Magazine under the The 30 Most Amazing Customized PCs of 2014! This photo was taken from this [article]

Comment

• duh... cause its AMAZING!!
                    HAF932 Mods
                    C70 Mods

Comment

• Every time I see pics of this build, I get a craving for old school orange cream-sicles!

Comment

• Congrats for being featured on Forbes. The work and final product deserve such recognition.

Comment

• Last week, I had a few days for myself so I decided to clean and to restructure the loop on the Project Orange Horizon after 2 years and half... I mainly wanted to make it easier to clean and make the lines more horizontals.

I have already started a list of things that I would like to change next time.
                          • The sleeving with nice cable combs (while I like the colours, the sleeving is too small so the cable combs can't hold properly)
                          • The tube that is at 45° close to the motherboard cable
                          • The orange colour on the Corsair Dominator Light Bar (last time, I painted them with some markers. This time, I applied some orange-clear vinyl but it looks more yellow-ish that orange)
                          • Apply some decal on the GPU backplate with a small orange detail

What are your thoughts on the new loop?

Photos

Last edited by easynator; 01-31-2018, 02:23 AM.

Comment

• still one of my all time favorites there Easy
                            HAF932 Mods
                            C70 Mods

Comment

• Hey easynator. The refresh of your Orange Horizon build looks outstanding. I like that you flipped the CPU block, and also the way the tube from the front rad to the top of the reservoir is routed now. On your original loop, I liked the way the tube that ran from the CPU block to the front rad was routed up above the memory. Both versions are great. Now if someone was holding a gun to my head and told me that I absolutely HAD to find something to add to your future change list, I would say maybe cover the fan screw shafts with white tubing or something. Thanks for bringing this build back to the top of the "Post Your Build Pictures" area so that everyone can enjoy it again.
                              The SLOB : A 3570K Build
                              Down & Out : A 2600K Build
                              V-353 : A 4770K Build

Comment

• Looks really clean for 2-year-old PC
                                __________________________________________________
                                Retro Build: Build Log,
                                Baby Blue Build: Build Log,
                                Green Lanten Build: Build Log,
                                __________________________________________________

Comment

Working...
                                X