No announcement yet.

True Blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, she's done and leak testing now ... lets just not talk about the back end yet haha. I've got a lot of cable routing to do and I've got the EK 140 DDC pump res to stuff in there too.

The rear 120 fan was literally 1mm too large to fit so I'll get a slimmer one sometime but it's mounted on the outside for now. The Sythe ones look like they're kind of loud so I may just run up the road and grab one of these:
    http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX45713

And while I'm at it I'll most likely grab some sleeved cabling for the 6 and 24 pins. I'm not really wanting to do it myself when the cables aren't too expensive anyways.

Crappy photo (kitchen is getting dark) so I'll try for a better one later (iPhone is only so good though).

Last edited by DodFoddler; 10-08-2014, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Pretty cool lay out ! How do you like working with the carbide?

Comment

I have to say it's one of my favorite cases so far. I've had a lot of CM and a few other Corsair cases but so far it seems like Corsair adds little things that just make the case amazing.

And it's an Air 540, close to a carbide but a cube.

Comment

Very curvy build! Mine has curves too, so we are totally rebelling against the straight tube trend. If I may interject some constructive criticism, you could clean up the front quite a bit by using small pieces of tube. One piece to connect the GPUs, eliminating one curve, and flipping the tubes on the 120 rad on the rear. Run a small tube from the top GPU to the closest 120 port nearest the front, then go from the rear 120 port to the CPU. Just those 2 things alone would reduce the visible tube by a decent bit, and save you from using the right angle fittings on the GPUs (assuming you have extra straight fittings to replace them with). Just my $0.02.

Comment

straight tube trend.... oh lordy!
            HAF932 Mods
            C70 Mods

Comment

Thanks Bart, I tried to do that first but the fittings hit between the gpus and the tube got kinked really badly when I tried to run it from the closest 120 port.

I really tried to cut down on tubing but until I get an sli bridge it's pretty difficult especially when the tube kinks all the time

Comment

For the GPU piece, you could probably pull that off without using the screw on part of the compression fitting. It would be wedged tight enough that it wouldn't move. I'm surprised the tube would kink on such a short run like that between the GPU and the 120 rad. It looks like such an easy run. What tubing are you using?

Comment

I'm using primochill ... it's really hard to use actually, has troubles fitting on the fittings. Also I meant just the fittings without the screw on part hit and there's about 2mm too little room for them to fit.

Comment

Advanced LRT is notorious for putting on fittings, especially with the thicker walled stuff.

Looking good! Nice painted rads, and I love these cases.
                    DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Originally posted by DodFoddler View Post
                      I'm using primochill ... it's really hard to use actually, has troubles fitting on the fittings. Also I meant just the fittings without the screw on part hit and there's about 2mm too little room for them to fit.
                      Damn, that sucks! The LRT tube is VERY hard to use, but it doesn't come off. I also find it nice and stiff and therefore not prone to collapsing, which is why I find it surprising that you can't do that small tube from GPU to 120 rad.

Wait, are you using the original Primochill tube or the advanced LRT? The LRT is the good non-plasticizer stuff (I've had both).

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's the lrt stuff. That piece doesn't collapse but you can see that it'll restrict flow a bit so I just avoided it.

The curves grew on me too haha and I ran CS GO on max with the gpus below 30C at all times. The CPU was a bit warmer at 35C but I guess that's expected on Ivy bridge.

Comment

Those temps are insanely good!!

Comment

Thanks, I was really impressed. I was going to OC the cpu a bit more but it's at 4.2GHz and I don't want to push it too much just to get another 0.2GHz out of it.

Really wishing I had the 3770k though, the hyper threading would be lovely for running more servers.

Comment

Working...
                            X