This project don't need a name. First custom loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotSoEpicMods View Post
    Good job painting the fittings I was planing on doing the same to mine when I get them because apparently black fittings are expensive. Your loop is pretty clean keep up the good work.
    Good luck with your painting

Originally posted by Grinder View Post
    I've had quite a few swiftech rads, and never a leak. However some of the really old ones have a recess that modern fittings don't quite fit into, and the o-ring mightn't be compressed if that's the case. Maybe a thicker rubber washer or o-ring would do the trick. Actually, I might be facing this myself as the mcr220 rad in my Archon build is quite old. The newer swiftech rad I have for that build doesn't have the recess.

Is it leaking right where the fitting goes into the rad?
    Thx for the info. It's probably an old rad sence it was leaking where the fitting goes.

It's fixed now and working very good.

I still need to overclock the CPU, but for now it's running the setting that I was using with the NH-D14 at 4.2ghz and it's 10-15c cooler

I'll try to run ~4.6ghz

Comment

I want to thank you gabuuzz, for bringing the issue with the old swiftech rads to my attention. I'll soon be assembling my loop for Archon, and would have run into exactly the same problem you did. Because of the recess in the rad and the size of the fitting (XSPC 3/8 ID in my case), the fitting is blocked from going far enough into the recess to compress the O-ring. The solution is simply to use a thicker O-ring. I've posted a pic in my Archon build thread if you want to check it out.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X