First LC build in over 10 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First LC build in over 10 years

Build has no name, just couldn't think of one. Was sitting on the parts for a few months before I finally had a chance to put it together over the weekend.

This is from the morning after the leak test and letting it run all night to get all the air bubbles out. Contemplating on flipping around the reservoir in the front so the ports on the bottom, as well as raising it up about 4 to 5 cm to get a little more airflow.

Added in a mosfet water block to the motherboard last night, but was too tired to think about taking a picture, so will take a picture tonight. If anyone is interested in a noobtastic build log I'm pretty sure I can locate the pictures I was taking along some of the build.

Unfortunately, due to medical issues with my daughter the time for the build was limited to just a small portion of a weekend; so was not able to paint the internals of the case, replace the window, do the LED lighting, or anything besides put together the loop. Build is not as glamorous as it could have been.

Build Info
    ----------

Case - CoolerMaster HAF 932 (First Generation)
    MotherBoard - Crosshair V Formula-Z
    CPU - AMD FX-9590
    Memory - 32 GB G.Skill Trident.X PC-2400 (4 x 8 GB)
    Hard Drive - Samsung 840 Pro 512 GB
    Video Card - XFX R9 290X Black Edition (x2)

Water Blocks
    Video - EK-FC R9-290X - Acetal+Nickel (x2)
    CPU - DazMode/EK Universal Nickel (2014)

Radiators
    EK-CoolStream PE 240
    EK-CoolStream PE 360

EK-DCP 4.0 X-RES with EK-DCP 4.0 PWM

All EK CSQ fittings
    Black XSPX 1/2" ID 3/4" OD tubing

Additions that will be put in eventually
    A 4 bay SSD drive mount for the 5-1/4 bays
    The EK-FB block for the motherboard

Build Log on imgur
    Attached Files
    Last edited by LiQuiD DiGitZ; 10-10-2014, 07:39 PM. Reason: Add in build info

Great job.
    More pics from different angles please.
    Looks like you got lots of room in that case.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Neat and tidy. Nicely done!

Comment

Yay! Another AMD build Suck it intel! Err, wait, I have both AMD and intel...

Comment

I've always been a sucker for the 932 builds!
          Nice work sir, considering its been so long

hope your young one is feeling better.
          HAF932 Mods
          C70 Mods

Comment

I see the 'tastic part but not the noob part of "noobtastic" in your build. I had a quad AMD Opteron system in this case for two years folding@home and I have a distinct and somewhat twisted appreciation of it.

I especially like the SLi tubing you did which looks like you used flexible tubes but because they are straight look as clean as hard tubing.

When you are done I'd like to see what temps are like, because I have an FX-9370 with that motherboard with similar rad setup in mind and would like to know what you get.

Looking good.
            DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

The decent pictures from the build have been posted to imgur, tried to upload them here but found I am only able to have 5 attachments. Easier to utilize something like imgur and just have the build log there.

Thank Bungwirez, we'll see if she is okay. Been in and out of the hospital since March of this year, and has been diagnosed with Juvenile Myelomonocytic Leukemia, so it's going to be a continuous fight.

Comment

Originally posted by 10e View Post
                I see the 'tastic part but not the noob part of "noobtastic" in your build. I had a quad AMD Opteron system in this case for two years folding@home and I have a distinct and somewhat twisted appreciation of it.

I especially like the SLi tubing you did which looks like you used flexible tubes but because they are straight look as clean as hard tubing.

When you are done I'd like to see what temps are like, because I have an FX-9370 with that motherboard with similar rad setup in mind and would like to know what you get.

Looking good.

The idea of using flex but trying to keep straight lines was the idea going in. Make it look like I went with something like acrylic tubing. Though a few areas I just couldn't keep that going.

Once I get home tonight I'll take a few pictures of the motherboard block on and then post those as well.

Comment

And this is what it is powering

And this is what I'm powering

3x 27" IPSClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141007_231150.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	76429

Once again, I'll post a better picture with some in-game action going on as well.

Comment

Originally posted by LiQuiD DiGitZ View Post
                    ... it's going to be a continuous fight.
                    I hear you man, stay strong.
                    Is parking still a bitch at Stollery?
                    HAF932 Mods
                    C70 Mods

Comment

Working...
                    X