Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsair Air 240 with dual Darkside LP240 rads

Hello!

I don't normally post on this forum, but I used some Darkside products so I thought it was appropriate.

The Corsair Air 240 usually only has radiator mounting space in the front and in the bottom, but only if you don't want SLI. However, my son had two graphics cards he wanted in this build. We found that the space in the top of the case can just fit the slim Darkside LP240 radiator. Then we saw also that there was just enough space for slim fans (<15mm) in the bottom. With all four case fans set to intake, the "passive" radiator seems to work well, even at low speeds.

Hey WiSK, thanks for sharing. your son should have a good time playing on this rig!

and Welcome to Dazmode, thanks for supporting Darkside brand from way way over there in Netherlands!
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Comment

Nicely done. Gelid also makes 15mm thick 120mm fans which perform pretty well:

http://www.gelidsolutions.com/produc...=1&cid=2&id=84

Comment

Cool build WISK.
        to the community
        Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
        OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
        Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Nice job putting a lot into a small space. And I like the way the red accents tie it all together.

Comment

Wow! This so nice to see build from Europe here! Really appreciate taking effort to post pictures.
            Build look great!
            Sentinel Build: Build Log,
            Venom Build: Build Log,
            Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
            Orange Build: Final Video
            HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Welcome WiSK ! Great job cramming all that in there, you might even get that rad to work even better if you block off any of the other holes in the case to allow all the air to be forced through the rad. Maybe do a temporary job with some tape to see if there is much difference. Keep it up young sir, we always welcome new people and appreciate positive feedback. Cheers !
              3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Welcome WiSK. that i a very nice build, lot's of goodies in a small place. passive radiator should do ok, daz did show that a 120 radiator with fans can do a very good job on it's own on is mocha build regardless. if you can force the air to go through that radiator like gdesmo explain the fan on the other radiator should do the work. if the temps are already good i wouldn't worrie to much about it. mounting standard fans on the outside of the case may be an option too if you are ok with the looks.
                Orange GT Build
                Orange V8 GT Build
                Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

Welcome WISK and this is a really nice build.
                  Ryzen 5800X WC-Asus ROG Crosshair Vlll Impact X570--TForce Extremm 32 Gb (2X16 Gb) 3600-Sabrent Gen 4 500 Gb M.2-HP N550 1Tb M.2 -Asus Strix Gold 850watts -Phillips 328E1CA 4K 32 "-Windows 11 Pro.-Fractal Design Torrent Nano Dtx modded by Snef Computer design

Comment

Welcome Wisk, that's a nice amount of stuff crammed into an awfully small space. Nicely done!

Comment

Welcome WiSK. I think I have seen you hanging around OCN.net a bit.

One thing to keep in mind with this case is that due to limited height in the "motherboard" bay you might want to add a bit of felt or other thin, soft fabric to the top of the water cooled GPU ports to keep them from scratching the window.

Otherwise very nice build, and very creative solution to fit a Micro ATX board, dual GPUs an dual rads in there.

With positive air pressure you should get some decent airflow in the top/passive radiator.
                      Last edited by 10e; 01-12-2015, 03:26 PM.
                      DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Working...
                      X