Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange V8 GT Project

Hello Everyone

Wanted to start a new forum for the build i will make in the LD V8 case. it will be a recycle of the orange GT build I posted due to money limitations. here is some pic to see what i am starting from.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0118.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	258.6 KB
ID:	79223

Name:	DSC_0120.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	231.4 KB
ID:	79224

Name:	DSC_0121.jpg
Size:	307.5 KB
ID:	79225

chow
    Orange GT Build
    Orange V8 GT Build
    Ice Phoenix Build

That's a nice case! Those tower speakers in the background look nice too!!
    Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Very nice case.
      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Come January, I hope to have a green and black version of that case delivered by Daz - I mean Santa Claus!!
        Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

you know what, it doesn't look as big as I expected... maybe its me?
          HAF932 Mods
          C70 Mods

Comment

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
            Nothing is big anymore compared to that image of your Asus DCII video card with the stock air cooler - remember?
            Mario

Comment

Yeah, those triple slot cards are on the large size I would say. Click image for larger version

Name:	Antec lanbox 002 - Copy.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	283.4 KB
ID:	74790
              3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

That card makes your motherboard look like M-ATX.
                Mario

Comment

Your eyes are not deceiving you because it is ! Got rid of the 7950 and will put 2- 670`s and blocks in mobo.
                  3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Originally posted by scaccima View Post
                    Those tower speakers in the background look nice too!!
                    klipsch all the way!!
                    Orange GT Build
                    Orange V8 GT Build
                    Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
                      might be the pictures as i can tell you it's preety big. it does dwarf my level 10 gt case. even with the rad on top it's got some over it.
                      Orange GT Build
                      Orange V8 GT Build
                      Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

well got some supply and some time off project is moving along. here is a piece i got for Christmas. just did the top of my Logitech G930 with it

Name:	carbonfiber.JPG
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	74814

Name:	IMG00111-20121226-1458.jpg
Size:	279.4 KB
ID:	74815Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00112-20121226-1459.jpg
Size:	266.1 KB
ID:	74816
                        Orange GT Build
                        Orange V8 GT Build
                        Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

Carbon fiber...nice

Are you going to Di-noc some of the case?

Comment

Originally posted by Father Fuzzy View Post
                            Carbon fiber...nice

Are you going to Di-noc some of the case?
                            DI-noc ???
                            Orange GT Build
                            Orange V8 GT Build
                            Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

here is a small update, made some custom grommets for the LD V8. still need to figure out if i want that big gap between the mobo tray and the CD cage or if i can even do something about it.

here is some pics

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	234.3 KB
ID:	74817

Name:	image[3].jpg
Size:	226.1 KB
ID:	74818

Name:	image[4].jpg
Size:	241.0 KB
ID:	74819

if anyone wants to know how i did them, i believe it was "lazyman" that did the video online on how to do them I've used the same high density foam to stick in the back side of all the panels. I did one step differently though, instead to make a perfect cutout for the carbon fiber vinyl to fit the hole like he does with is rubber sheets, i have cut the vinyl a little bigger then the holes in the case installed them on the foam prior to installing the foam on the case, this as it's advantages and drawback. the drawback well the foam as to be cut to be a little more big vs the vinyl so it as surface to stick therefore and shows more (i do not plan to showoff the back of my mobo tray anyway). one of the advantages, the grommet is more flexable as the extra area of the carbon doesn't stick to the case, its VERY MUCH easier to measure and install in order to hide (the not so pretty) foam that is a different black then my case. as you can see on this pictures you cannot see the foam.

Name:	image[1].jpg
Size:	226.1 KB
ID:	74820
                              and you can't even see the foam if i put my fingers in it, though i didn't get a picture of that. I hope that the vinyl will make a good job at protecting the foam so it doesn't deteriorate as i put wires passes through it. i will make an update about that once I've tried to route wires through them so far it was OK.
                              Last edited by MRDcanadian; 12-26-2012, 11:53 PM.
                              Orange GT Build
                              Orange V8 GT Build
                              Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

Working...
                              X