No announcement yet.

Orange V8 GT Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• also forgot to mention, all fans in the bottom radiator are pwm controlled by the gpu as they are specifically cooling the gpu loop. Nvidia software offers a reasonable fan control functions so i decided to use it. the connector and cable was such a tight fit under the waterblock that I wasn't sure it was going to work and almost scratch the idea out but after a month of use all is perfect so i am keeping it. here is pictures of the cable and connector. (had the window installed when i took these pictures, sorry about the reflections)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0314.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	75903
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0315.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	75904
    Orange GT Build
    Orange V8 GT Build
    Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

• Originally posted by MRDcanadian View Post
      also forgot to mention, all fans in the bottom radiator are pwm controlled by the gpu as they are specifically cooling the gpu loop. Nvidia software offers a reasonable fan control functions so i decided to use it. the connector and cable was such a tight fit under the waterblock that I wasn't sure it was going to work and almost scratch the idea out but after a month of use all is perfect so i am keeping it. here is pictures of the cable and connector. (had the window installed when i took these pictures, sorry about the reflections)
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]2176[/ATTACH]
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]2177[/ATTACH]
      This is a really good idea I was thinking about doing this myself for my new build as long as the waterblock fit allows it.
      The Ultra Fancy Build
      The Bluehawk Pedestrian Build

The Bluehawk Ultra Build - Retired
      The Fancy Pedestrian Build - Retired

Comment

• Que du beau I love it !
        MAIN RIG : Bitfenix Shinobi Window - ASUS Maximus VI Extreme - Core i7-4770K 4700MHz WC - TRI SLI GTX 680 1227/1852/1280 WC - XFX 1250W - G.SKILL TridentX 16GB DDR3 2400MHz CL10 - 3x Kingston HyperX 120GB Raid 0 (OS W8 64BITS) - 2x WD VelociRaptor 250GB Raid 0 (Games) - WD Blue 1TB (Backup) - ASUS Xonar Phoebus - ASUS DRW

HTPC : Bitfenix Prodigy - ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe - i7 3770K @ 4600GHz - Patriot Intel Extreme Master 8GB @ 2600 CL12 - GIGABYTE GV-R9 270XOC - Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB

Comment

• Originally posted by alex5389 View Post
          This is a really good idea I was thinking about doing this myself for my new build as long as the waterblock fit allows it.
          Yeah figure the video cards with gpu boost 2.0 and the AMD version of the technology would specially gain from this setup. you could save yourself a fan controller in the next build as long as it fits under the block though. the wiring of the connector on the gpu is exactly like the pmw fans add an 12v feed from a molex to make sure you have enough amps to feed the fans and you are in business.

trying to find a cheap 3x 5.25 bay to 120mm fan mount for not to much if anyone as an idea where i can one? It can't go to deep inside the case due to the radiator. I would like it for two reasons, I probably have a negative pressure in the top portion of the case as the LDV8 only as 1x120mm and 1x140mm fan that feeds 4xtriebwerks fans. and second i can't say i am a fans of the 5.25 bay cover on the LDV8, i can never get them to align straight with the case or each other.
          Orange GT Build
          Orange V8 GT Build
          Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

• need help from you all. i have a buddy that can have some custom decals made for me. so i worked on a few designs and wanted your feedback on them.

Sample1

Sample 2

Sample 3

let me know wich one you prefer (please note the background is there to make it easier to read but wouldn't be printed on the decal)
            Orange GT Build
            Orange V8 GT Build
            Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

• I like first one without shadow.
              Sentinel Build: Build Log,
              Venom Build: Build Log,
              Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
              Orange Build: Final Video
              HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

• I like the 3rd design.

Comment

• I'm with Daz here! First pattern is nice!
                  Luc

Orchid (Corsair-Crystal-570X)
                  Silent Watcher (be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900)
                  Eclipse (Parvum L1.0)
                  Northern Lights (Phanteks Enthoo Luxe)
                  Lady Sif (EK-Vulture)
                  Xenomorph (Parvum S2.0)

Comment

• Anyone ever had issues with the quick disconnect from koolance? mine today did a terrible job at closing after the disconnect causing more then adequate amount of liquid to come out prior to shutting back off... took about 2 seconds before they shut off. now i need to let my psu dry out due to a little of liquid fell in it . thank god i follow protocols and switch off the power supply and unplug it prior to anything in my pc.
                    Orange GT Build
                    Orange V8 GT Build
                    Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

• MRD: what version QDCs do you have? I have 2 pairs of QD3's, and I've never had a problem. The most water I've ever seen them release is about 1 drop, most times none.

Comment

• Ummm let me check, based on order from store QD3 Female Quick Disconnect No-Spill Coupling, Male Threaded G 1/4 BSPP - Black. the male worked flawlessly and as expected. the female part was the one that was slow.
                        Orange GT Build
                        Orange V8 GT Build
                        Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

• Hmm, aren't the black models QD4s? I haven't tried those. The QD3s are silver, but maybe they sell black ones now.

Comment

• I had that happen with a couple of my black QDCs
                            Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Intel i7 3930K | Crucial 4x4Gb | OCZ Vertex 3 MaxIOPS 240GB | WD Velociraptor 1TB | AMD r9 290 Crossfire | Win8.1 Pro 64 | EK-Supremacy | 2 x Alphacool XT45 360 | EK - FC290 | 2x Liang DDC 3.25 | Koolance RP - 401X2 | Case Labs M8 |

Comment

• seams like we are on to something there. anyhow i wont replace them but will better plan for the worst next time. it was just a few drop that make it to the psu as it was maybe a shooter that made it out so it's out for drying while i use my backup AX850 gold power supply (that has major coil whine )for now.
                              Orange GT Build
                              Orange V8 GT Build
                              Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

Working...
                              X