Trestles "boredom prevails" caselabs S8 rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trestles "boredom prevails" caselabs S8 rebuild

Well even towards the end of my phanteks build I kicked myself for not going with a caselabs. So with work being off the chart with going on 7 straight weeks of 84 hour weeks and having some extra cheddar I just put a order in for a caselabs s8 case to swap my parts into. I learned a lot from the phanteks build and I'm hoping it turns out even better.

-caselabs s8 case in charcol grey with black inside except for the main horizontal tray will be gray as well the case will have

Windows on both side panels with vents in the left, window up front with a drop in vented 2x120, top will be window Plus 3x120 drop in

Parts list is coming out of my last build

Asus hero Vll mobo
    4790 4g i7
    16gigs gskills sniper ram
    Gtx 780ti gpu
    Evga super nova 850
    Samsung evo ssd 120 with WD black 1T Hardrive

Cooling

Ek cpu block ( switching top to clean clear acrylic)
    EK gpu acyrlic
    EK d5 pump res combo
    EK 240 xtx large rad
    EK 240 thin rad
    Adding EK large 360 rad
    Adding EK ram block
    Bitspower acrylic tubing and white fittings

Going with white pastel this time

Pics to follow!
    Last edited by trestles126; 03-25-2015, 09:07 PM.

Plan on running my d5 and ek resivor in my left front window of the d5. A 240 ek radiator in the front vertically with the drop in mount. A new 360 ek rad up top to the right, and my ek 240 xtx thick rad on the side with the drop in 360 mount and mount a intake fan where the radiator ends with a HD cage in that same lower left compartment .

Few questions on maybe a place to find some parts.

Now that frozen Cpu is down I only have performance pcs in the states. For this build I need the following. Seams all the parts but the Aquabay are in stock but from like 3 different stores I'd buy from daz though a tad more expensive if I could make one bigger purchase

The hardest being the Aquacmputer Aqua bay for the aquatube resivoir in BLACK and the wide body that fits in the 5.25 bay. Any leads?

A -360 EK PE radiator
    - ek copper/ clear acrylic 4 wide ram block

- 2 sets of 2 ram monarch heat heat sinks from EK

And some fittings.

Comment

You can also buy from http://www.aquatuning.us/ but not sure what the selection / shipping options are like. Question though: why the 2 reservoirs? I did the same thing on my first water build, but quickly ditched the bay res.

Comment

Un decided on the aquatube up front will have two open bays and already have all the parts from my luxe build prob can't sell it for much and always loved the aquatube res as I stated for the reason in my last build no performance gain pure looks !

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
        You can also buy from http://www.aquatuning.us/ but not sure what the selection / shipping options are like. Question though: why the 2 reservoirs? I did the same thing on my first water build, but quickly ditched the bay res.

Comment

5¼ Aquabay Silver spray paint it black?
          Request Daz to get you a Clear ram block
          EK-RAM Monarch Module
          Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
          OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
          Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Ordered the radiator the ram block yesterday from pc performance found the black aquatube resivour on that aquatune website but need to find another 40 bucks In Parts before they will ship to usa

Hopefully being local caselabs speeds up the process still probably 20 days out

Comment

Daz has Aquatube G1/4 Delrin (Acetal) Black
              Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
              OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
              Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by trestles126 View Post
                Ordered the radiator the ram block yesterday from pc performance found the black aquatube resivour on that aquatune website but need to find another 40 bucks In Parts before they will ship to usa

Hopefully being local caselabs speeds up the process still probably 20 days out
                Really? Damn website says USA and Canada on it, so you'd figure you wouldn't need a MINIMUM order. That sucks!

Comment

I have almost everything including the aquatube res hooded ordered one more 360 radiator and a ram block didn't wanna not use the aquatube res in the new build cause it'll just get put in storage

Last edited by trestles126; 03-25-2015, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Ordered a aquacomputer filter, a aquero 6 heatsink, and a aquatube black Aquabay for the res off aquatune today shipping to Cali anyone have experience in the states?

Comment

This looks pretty good Trestles.
                      Now I see why you put that aqua rez in there.

as for your shipping, prolly has to do with Aqua parts coming from Germany first?
                      HAF932 Mods
                      C70 Mods

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Remember guys this is my old phanteks case I have a caselabs s8 on order !!!!!

Comment

Few parts in today

360 EK radiator to go with my 2x 240s

A ek clean ram block

A 250gb Samsung evo SSD scored it at 105 bucks on sale

And 3 sp120 fans for the radiator

Last edited by trestles126; 04-04-2015, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Few parts from Germany off aquatune.... Great shipping got here quicker than performance pc parts from the states.... Hopefully my caselabs s8 will be shipping in the next week

Comment

Working...
                              X