Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corsair 750D modded First water cooling build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsair 750D modded First water cooling build.

Hi good people, well my build started with me catching a few of Daz's videos on youtube. I always like building, working on or fixing pc's, so this was an awesome hobby that i bumped into. So i been reading for months and still am. I wish i would of been part of this community when i started my project. I found it hard to find the right answers to my million questions. I have no friends that are informed of this hobby either.

After i purchased the corsair 750d i noticed that the front panel that covers the 2x140mm fans had awful air flow so i started with that issue first. I taped and cut the panel out with my Dremel and burned through about 6 blades. Seemed to be a decent cut. Then i cut out the metal insert for the front grill and another 6 blades.
    Here are a few pics to start. .... and my Phone cam is not so hot, new cam is in the mail.
    Hope i'm doing this right..
    Attached Files
    Last edited by -onionz-; 09-21-2015, 09:11 AM. Reason: fixing post
    sigpic.

I can't post more pics maybe tomorrow.
    sigpic.

Comment

5 attached images per post. Just use another post to post more or get a Photobucket account up load them there and post using the BB-Code [img][/img]

Nice work so far. Looks good. We love to see the hack n slash.
      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Nice work on the front panel. That metal perforated grill looks like something I saw at Lowes

This will definitely solve the airflow issues, and welcome to the "10+ Dremel blade usage club"
        DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Right on i guess i earned a place in your blade busting club koolio ... I almost lost a few eyeballs when i forgot my glasses one time.

Thank God the 750d is made with cheap metal compared to my Zalman Dragon rider now that case would of broke 25 blades easy. :p
          sigpic.

Comment

wanna see the inside pics with all these pumps.
            Blackout
            Something-New
            Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

I just hooked up my 2 loops but one of my pumps was dead for the cpu so i really haven't fired it up yet. Maybe it'll be a new type of sprinkler system who knows lol. :p I do get my pump and some goodies tomorrow . So i will slapper together and post right away for you after bleeding which might be lil tricky we'll see. I need to learn to make my connectors cuz i only have factory for now. Sadly it's not as eye catching as most the ones i seen here. Another note i wanted a blue uv build but my Dad said he was hoping for a red theme build.. he's old and if it makes him happy then i makes me happy red it is.
              sigpic.

Comment

Here is a side view with single loop from a month or so ago.. Best i can do atm sorry nass lol. My package was delayed till tomorrow.
                Last edited by -onionz-; 09-21-2015, 09:07 AM.
                sigpic.

Comment

I had an issue when i opened my EK supremacy waterblock and found this gunk on the inner water pressure plate. Mind you i went through 3-4 different tubing not knowing about plasterciser issues. I used distilled water and dazMode protector only. So i assume it has to be the different tubings i think...hmm anyone seen this ..this bad? Check it out.

Anyone seen this amount clogging the flow plate before?
                  Last edited by -onionz-; 09-21-2015, 09:09 AM.
                  sigpic.

Comment

That looks like a zombie blew his nose into your plate. Seeing pics like that makes me never want to open my CPU block, ever! Nice hacking too btw.

Comment

zombie snot yea exactly. Just by chance i opened it up, i really didn't want to open it and cause a leak or whatever. I'm glad i did, and Thanx man !
                      sigpic.

Comment

I really want to see that mesh installed, very unique design!
                        My Imgur

Comment

Hey Necrodead. I bought the metal sheet at a metal fabricating shop. I was able to walk around the shop and found that sheet in a scrap pile so i got it for like $15. The backside door i added a 120mm fan to cool the backplate of the cpu and the backside ram lanes. For that one i bought a caselabs accessories and used pre fabbed mount and grill.

I Simply taped the whole front panel did my measurements and cut it with a Dremel. The back of the front panel has a ton of ribs. I had to remove them in order for the grill to fit flush to the panel. I ended up getting broken blades in the face left and right.

On the back side of the front panel just mixed up some crazy strong Epoxy and pasted it 2 inches wide around the rim all around it.

sigpic.

Comment

Originally the grill was a darker silver so i painted it flat black looks better i think. What do you like better silver or black?

Under Construction

Finished with a few crooked leds i know .. :p fixed them so annoying.
                            sigpic.

Comment

Here before after.

[URL=http://s77.photobucket.com/user/onionz420/media/Almost%20there/20150819_112921_zpsdanncwst.jpg.html]]
                              Last edited by -onionz-; 09-11-2015, 08:11 AM. Reason: double pis oops
                              sigpic.

Comment

Working...
                              X