GEARjmrs kid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GEARjmrs kid

Hey guys this is GEAR's son unfortunately he passed away last year and I'm trying to figure out this water cooling, like how often should I drain and refill, and also where do I fill? Lol not a complete noob to computers but any help would be great. Thanks
    CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
    XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Sorry for your loss he was a good guy

PM sent

Comment

Sorry to hear sad news.
      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
      Venom Build: Build Log,
      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
      Orange Build: Final Video
      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

OMG, I'm so sorry to hear ! Was in contact with him several times through email and had some dealings with him.
        As for draining and re-filling I like to do it at least once a year, will depend on liquid being used. Distilled water and the Dazmode biocide is all you need for coolant. Usually we like to fill from the uppermost point and away from the mobo or anything else that is not water friendly. if you could provide a few decent pictures we could suggest an appropriate spot to fill from. Usually a dedicated fill port or top of a reservoir are the points of entry and hopefully there is a good place to drain the coolant as well.
        3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Thanks for all the replies so quickly, I'll post a few pictures tomorrow, still trying to update everything lol
          CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
          XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Comment

Sad news indeed.
            Nice that your inspired to pick up his water cooling hobby.
            Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
            OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
            Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Man, that's sad news!

Sorry to hear of your loss and my condolences to you and the family.

The other dudes here have you covered in terms of the technical stuff, but sorry to hear!
              DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Man that sucks. Gear's was a good guy, my condolences.

Comment

Indeed. My condolences.
                  Were around if you need some help with this stuff.
                  Nova Stryker / Asus Z77 Sabertooth | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 32Gb | Crucial M5 240Gb | WD Black | Asus R9 390 Strix | CM Storm Stryker | BP Summit EF
                  Nova Polaris / Asus Maximus Gene VIII | Intel 6600K | Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 16Gb | Intel M2 240Gb | Toshiba 2tb | EVGA GF 1070 | Fractal Node 804 | Swiftech Apogee XL2

Comment

Welcome aboard GEARSJr. Your old man would be very proud to know you're keeping his rig running cool
                    HAF932 Mods
                    C70 Mods

Comment

my condolences Gear Jr, good to see your keeping things running.
                      Blackout
                      Something-New
                      Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Very sorry for your loss bud, thanks for checking in with everyone here. The guys here are great they will help you with whatever questions you have and more I'm sure.
                        The Ultra Fancy Build
                        The Bluehawk Pedestrian Build

The Bluehawk Ultra Build - Retired
                        The Fancy Pedestrian Build - Retired

Comment

Working...
                        X