Hellcat Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellcat Build

I have decided it's time for a new build. This build is going to emulate the color scheme of the new Hellcat at the shop. I'm also going to get some badges and put them into the build somewhere.

The components I have for this build are as follows.
    -NZXT H440 Case
    -ASUS Z97-A Motherboard
    -i7 4770K
    -16Gigs G.Skill 1866mhz
    -256 Gig Samsung SM951 PCI-E SSD ( or ) Kingston Hyper X Predator 240 Gig. (In the air about which one).
    -Gigabyte R9 280X Vid card. Possibly two in crossfire. (currently with no water blocks for the vid cards "yet")
    -EVGA Supernova 750 G2 Power supply
    -Alphacool Nexus 360mm x 60mm Radiator
    -EK D5 pump with modded top and mounting hardware
    -XSPC Photon Resivior
    -Will be using Darkside fittings and 12/10 PETG Tubing.

Some starter pix.
    Stripped and bare computer case. (so naked and sad looking)

Window cutout

molding some acrylic

Fitting some tin.

Fitting tin and acrylic.

It is still a work in progress and next week I will start fitting the components. Hopefully all goes smooth.

Comments and advice always welcome!

Sincerely,

dvnoakes

Welcome and thanks for joining! Cool build.

Please note moderation required for few first posts (due to spam issue).
    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

to the community!
      Excellent bit of modding going on.
      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Welcome, I am interested to see how this progresses

Comment

Looking good! Welcome!

Comment

Looks great. Have you painted that side panel you cut yet?

Just curious if you found paint that properly matches. I've looked at Rustoleum Canyon Black as being a possible match for both colour and shine, but I haven't gotten to that "cut the crap outta everything" place yet on this case.

Keep it up!
            DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

looking good and welcome to the forums
              Blackout
              Something-New
              Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Love the silver, great modding!
                My Imgur

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome. I have a feeling I'm going to love this forum.

I will definitely keep the photos and updates coming. I am thinking that next week it should be a completed project and I can upload the final pix.

As for paint I used Krylon Rust tough flat black as a base paint and then after it cured, a quick wet sand and on to top coat. I used Duplicolor Universal Flat for the top coat BUN0104 I painted everything except the silver highlights. I'm actually thinking about investing in a professional spray gun set but for now spray cans is all I am working with.

sincerely,

dvnoakes.

Comment

I have some updates on the build.

I finally got my Hellcat badges. The bill for them was $300.00 !!!!! Just a little more than I had expected. Like maybe $200.00 more ... Oh well they are here and I am going to use them anyway!

Almost forgot to mention that I placed the pump and res.

Comment

Shaping up nicely.
                      Very bling badges but $300 ouchies.
                      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

ya they look cool but they hit ya pretty good on the pricing.
                        Blackout
                        Something-New
                        Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Holy hand grenade those are some nice but expensive badges.

Next time some chromed stickers might work as well without the drain on the wallet. You coulda bought two H440s for that price.

Beyond that, everything looks good. The acrylic work blends in nicely with the original case aesthetic and potentially gives you back some storage space that you lose with rad placement.

I have a couple of H440s. One red/white, and one all black. Some ideas are spewing forth because of you.

Keep it up, I likes.
                          DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Some great modding going on, like the badges, but not the price. keep on posting !
                            3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Is it metal or plastic?
                              __________________________________________________
                              Retro Build: Build Log,
                              Baby Blue Build: Build Log,
                              Green Lanten Build: Build Log,
                              Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                              Venom Build: Build Log,
                              Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                              Orange Build: Final Video
                              HTPC Build: Final Video
                              __________________________________________________

Comment

Working...
                              X