Magi's new build. Angry Red Thing Build Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magi's new build. Angry Red Thing Build Log

So here's the list of components that are going to go into this build...

Corsair 800d case

Asus Maximus V Formula mobo

GTX 680 lightning

Intel 3770k processor

Corsair AX 1200 power supply

COOLING

Liang ddc pump x 2

XSPC rx 360 radiator

XSPC raystorm CPU block

EK supremacy universal GPU block

Maximus V blocks from EK.... caved -_-

Alphacool 4x ddc dual bay res

3/8 - 5/8 in tubing / fittings

Help me decide on blue tubing vs red... going to be using primochill antibacterial and clear coolant

Finished product
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20130210191029.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	246.8 KB
ID:	79283
    Attached Files
    Last edited by magiwizard; 02-17-2013, 04:35 PM.

Holy Mackerel did you sell off all that bling your down to just the one item

Ah thats better. The list had the case only when first I looked
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

posting on a tablet is ridiculously hard and my hand touched the pad while i was typing ._.

apparently cant post pictures on tablets and well... my pc is in many many pieces lol

thought i would entertain myself at this boring as hell board of directors meeting...

Comment

MAximus build sounds interesting. I would keep Supremacy unless you tired of looks.

Post pictures soon!
        Sentinel Build: Build Log,
        Venom Build: Build Log,
        Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
        Orange Build: Final Video
        HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

I just replaced my EVGA board with a Maximus V Extreme......I was sooooo torn between the Extreme and the Formula. If only the Extreme had the water cooling built in.

Comment

Name:	1234_zps22c66841.jpg
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	74953

Name:	234_zps0bd5e95b.jpg
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	74954

Name:	abc_zpsbd57947e.jpg
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	74955
            And lastly a little eye candy for you all

So yeah i didnt get the red tubing yet but just want some feedback on red vs blue tubing in this build

Comment

I love the red idea but I have some of the red tubing and it really looks 1/2 red 1/2 orange when UV hits it. I would have suggested clear tubing and just getting some mayhems dye which looks amazing and you can easily change colors if you don't like one.
              Last edited by DodFoddler; 01-29-2013, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DodFoddler View Post
                I love the red idea but I have some of the red tubing and it really looks 1/2 red 1/2 orange when UV hits it. I would have suggested clear tubing and just getting some mayhems dye which looks amazing and you can easily change colors if you don't like one.
                I second this. If you're not using UV, red tubing is fine. But it will glow orange under UV. Even the tubing that Primochill calls "bloodshed red UV" glows orange. Which sucks if you want glowing red tube. From what I've read, that doesn't seem to exist for some reason, which perplexes the heck out of me!

Comment

Yeah I found it annoying so I just go rid of it. Even the sun light made mine glow orange and the inside of my computer looked like a tiger because I had black tube coils.

Comment

not sure if ill be using UV for this build but my problem with dye is that mayhem doesnt work with glycol and staining my resivoir really anoys me so... going with clear liquid for sure which only leaves the options of LEDs for the res and colored tubing

Edit : the blue tubing kinda goes purple with lighting due to all the red in the case ._.
                    Last edited by magiwizard; 01-29-2013, 11:44 PM.

Comment

I'd go with clear tubing and red dye.

P.S. I love the teddy bear in the last picture!
                      Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

trying to avoid the dyes ruined one res no intention to ruin another with staining... especially not the alphacool one *_*

Comment

I think you should go with red as it will work better with your boards colours. Red tube and no UV lighting.

I'm going to try the Koolance's Blue coolant as they say they're coolant won't stain the res. We'll find out. I think Jrees is going to try some as well waiting for a feed back from him on that. Worste part of the Koolance coolant is it only omes in 700ml bottles. Guess they figure no one is going to build a big system.

Comment

yeah about that... i would try koolance liquid but honestly after staining a res and a bunch of tubing (cooincidentally red) i really dont feel like trying that again and also for my loop i think I'll need two pumps so... need to swap out there anyway (cpu + gpu + rx360 + mobo blocks) i think is too much for one pump to comfortably handle

Comment

Hell take a look at what one pump can do. Surf my Blue Dragon build.
                              7 blocks and 3 Rads on 1 DDC pump OCed to 4.0GHz I hit mid 60's at full load running Prime95 for 24hr stable .

A second pump in serial won't get you better flow it will only add redundancy and head to the loop.

Comment

Working...
                              X