No announcement yet.

Magi's new build. Angry Red Thing Build Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O___O looks like I R retarded... screw dishing money on that alphacool res then my current res is already stained red lol lets make it redder *_* ONTO PARTS!

Edit... wait still cant decide between black vs clear maximus blocks..... god damn my indicisiveness. Any way to get an actual red coolant color? It looks like most coolants go orange unless i go full red ccfl lights

Edit 2.... looks like red dyed coolant is almost impossible to get right O_o been searching about for good red coolants but apparently every red coolant goes orange or pinkish
    Last edited by magiwizard; 01-30-2013, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
      I think you should go with red as it will work better with your boards colours. Red tube and no UV lighting.

I'm going to try the Koolance's Blue coolant as they say they're coolant won't stain the res. We'll find out. I think Jrees is going to try some as well waiting for a feed back from him on that. Worste part of the Koolance coolant is it only omes in 700ml bottles. Guess they figure no one is going to build a big system.
      Yeah, sorry for the delay. I have all the parts to finish my GPU loop, and re-do the CPU loop. Will be using the Koolance red for both with clear tubing. I still have to splice/sleeve the 8 fans for the rad before I can do anything. I am hoping to get it done by the weekend....the renos at home are gonna demand most of my time unfortunately

Comment

You can go non-UV red as option. All dyes do dye job so arylic get stained..., although red is the most notorious for that.

Red tube with black fittings should look good and bunch red leds can help reservoir glow (not sure how many free ports you have).

Maybe frozenQ with red helix (recommend with some reservation)?
        Sentinel Build: Build Log,
        Venom Build: Build Log,
        Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
        Orange Build: Final Video
        HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

order made going once again with feser view and trying out the orange looking ccfl lights *_*

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
            Worste part of the Koolance coolant is it only omes in 700ml bottles. Guess they figure no one is going to build a big system.
            I think they do it on purpose to sell more coolant.
            Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Originally posted by scaccima View Post
              I think they do it on purpose to sell more coolant.
              Exactly my thoughts!
              Sentinel Build: Build Log,
              Venom Build: Build Log,
              Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
              Orange Build: Final Video
              HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

with Maximus Formula, Black waterblock is better IMO

and go for blood red coolant and clear tubing,
                i think is the best color sheme for asus rog

if you check my build log, you will see feser red tubing with feser red coolant on a rampage 4 extreme, really nice but if you check at the end of the log you will see EK blood red coolant with clear tubing on a maximus formula and blood red theme est way better IMO

My Build Log on Dazmode Forum
                Last edited by snef; 01-30-2013, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Bah angled fittings needed... other than that 800d doesnt fit my push pull config so had to be push only and yeah... coming along now... kinda lol
                  Last edited by magiwizard; 02-03-2013, 03:33 AM.

Comment

so put this together leak free... and now waiting for angled fittings so i can empty loop and redo loop O_O

Comment

never have too many angle fittings,thats for sure

Keep up the good work

the 800D sure becomes a heavy one after all the water goodies

Comment

tell me about it grabbing a 460 (physx card) tomorrow with a block so i need to order more fittings... again ._. daz will be happy lol

Edit... slight setback.

canada post finally delivered my first order (3 days after the arrive of my second

and... the 90 degree rotaries are chrome not black (small problem i know but im OCD and plus every fitting and part i have is black "_")... so now I wait once more since i took appart the loop and found out after that the fittings were wrong colored.

without a computer till i hear from daz ._.

Edit : done a few days ago been playing too much to post pictures *_* will post tomorrow at the latest

So ended up having to use silver for the time being until coolant change / summer comes along and i do some hard modding *_*

and yeah... 402x2 res coming soon grabbing stuff piecemeal until summer *_*

finished product *_*Click image for larger version

Name:	20130210190958.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	292.5 KB
ID:	74978
                        Last edited by magiwizard; 02-16-2013, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X