Caselabs TH10A build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caselabs TH10A build

I started on this build last year, had to put it on the back burner for 6 months, and then finally finished it up. When leak testing, all 3 of my rads were leaking. I didn't realize that I had to leave the extensions in place on the EK Coolstream XE rads. I found some extensions to replace them with, but they were leaking from the shroud. I then discovered EK hard at bad bunch of Coolstream XE rads, which I wasn't able aware of during the 6 months I had to put this build on hold. Since I had painted them white and it had been so long since I bought them, I just ate the cost and replaced them with 2 x Hardware Labs SR2 480mm rads and an Alphacool Monsta 360mm rad.

After building everything, tearing it all down, and then building it again, I finally got to leak testing yesterday. I wanted to get this working asap, since this is also my work computer (I've been using a laptop, which has been difficult to do my work on). I still have a few cosmetic things to do, more cable management, some lighting, etc. I also bought some Mayhem's Pastel White and Pastel Blue, which I was going to add white to one loop and blue to the other, but now that I have everything turned on leak testing, I'm kinda liking the white lights and the clear coolant. Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I stick with clear coolant or add colored coolant? I would hate to fill it up with colored coolant, decide I liked it better with clear, and spend the next few days trying to flush it out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160907_180753.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	79904

Name:	20160907_141803.jpg
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	79905

Name:	20160907_141749.jpg
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	79906

Name:	20160907_141736.jpg
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	79907

Name:	16f16b0a_20160831_3665-1.jpg
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	79908

I'm not sure why my pics got flipped sideways, unless it happened when the site reformatted them to a more manageable size?

Nice build! That is one big-ass PC!

Comment

Nice rig.
      It would look better if I didn't have to turn my head to the side to see it.

Use Windows Picture viewer, from explorer, to turn images into proper orientation.
      Then they will look really good.
      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Rig looks awesome! I like the clear fluid & white led fan combo.

And it would be nice to have them rotated, was kinda hard to look at!
        My Imgur

Comment

Looks nice, although hurts my neck.
          Sentinel Build: Build Log,
          Venom Build: Build Log,
          Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
          Orange Build: Final Video
          HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

What ya got in there, vids and cpu idea, mem, board ?

Took me a little bit to rotate and re save them.

Looks nice though, am into coloured fluids but your clear looks cool.
            Blackout
            Something-New
            Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

2 aq 6's ?
              Blackout
              Something-New
              Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Yes, 2 Aquaero 6XTs, and:
                3 x Poweradjust Ultras
                2 x Farbwerk Controllers
                Asus X99 Deluxe II
                i7-6950X
                EK Monoblock
                32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3333 memory
                2 x Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti Gaming G1s
                EK full waterblocks
                All Bitspower fittings and Bitspower Crystal Link Acrylic tubing
                3 x Samsung 4K Monitors
                32 x Enermax 120mm fans
                2 x Enermax 140mm fans
                2 x Hardware Labs SR2 480mm rads
                Alphacool Monsta 360mm rad
                Aquacomputer SPLITTY9 & HUBBY7
                Other various things and most importantly, Darkside CONNECT LEDs

Comment

Sweet hardware list.
                  Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                  OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                  Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Ya nice specs, why 2 aq6's and not just one?

Would guess is the 36 fans, though still not sure why 2 aq's
                    Last edited by nass; 09-08-2016, 11:27 PM.
                    Blackout
                    Something-New
                    Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

I wanted to have one dedicated specifically to each loop. I also have a Poweradjust hooked to each Aquaero to control my pumps and a Farbwerk controller hooked to each to change colors according to the delta of each loop. I also have temp sensors for the coolant when it leaves the pump, between the waterblocks and the rads, then between the rads and the intake. This way I can measure the temps at multiple spots to determine how much heat is being drawn from the waterblocks and how efficient the rads are cooling the water. I have a temp sensor on the PSU side of my case, the MB side of my case, and then one for ambient temps to calculate the delta. I should be able to tell how my temps are just by looking at my rig to see what colors the LEDs are. I decided to use Koolance Flow Meters, but since they can't be read by the Aquaero, I have Koolance frequency adapters mounted just beneath each pump/res combo, recessed into the mid plate, so you can see the flow rates through the window.

Comment

That's pretty cool you should show some more pics with the detail you have gone too . Maybe the sensors plus them in the midplate idea. You have left out allott of the cool stuff. 😎
                        Blackout
                        Something-New
                        Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Going to have to get me one of these aq6 one of these days.
                          Blackout
                          Something-New
                          Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Thanks. I'll post more pics once I'm completely finished. I've also drilled holes into the top for my fill ports and holes in the mid plate for my return lines in each loop, and they're tied together going back into the reservoirs. I have a 120mm top that fits over the top rads, which isn't on right now. I was thinking about cutting off the top and adding an acrylic window so you would be able to see the top rads through the window, but the acrylic window would need to be ventilated to blow out all the hot air. I don't think I can make anything like that though.

Comment

Oh, I forgot to list my hard drives. Here are the drives:
                              Intel 750 NVMe PCIe SSD
                              Samsung 950 Pro M.2
                              2 x Samsung 850 EVOs RAID0
                              2 x Samsung 840 Pros RAID0
                              4TB WD Black
                              LG Blu-ray Burner
                              QNAP TS-451+ with 4 x 4TB WD Red drives RAID5

I'm considering either buying larger monitors or a couple more of the same size. I currently have 3 X 28" Samsung 4K Monitors set up using Nvidia Surround at 11,900 x 2160 resolution when playing games. When I'm working, I don't use the Nvidia Surround, I have each monitor dedicated to specific applications. I own a money management company in San Diego and run a hedge fund and separate accounts custodied with multiple broker/dealers. I work from home in Louisiana most of the time. I ditched our server a couple of years ago, and now we have all the applications we use hosted with multiple companies. I can login to our systems through a web browser using a Citrix plug in, so each monitor is basically a virtual desktop, and I don't have to worry about maintaining all the hardware, software, network equipment, back ups, etc. So running so many virtual desktops can be very hardware and bandwidth intensive.

When I'm done, I'll take more photos with a real camera instead of my phone, and hopefully I can post them right side up.

Comment

Working...
                              X