No announcement yet.

Define S Build - First Water cooled build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P.S. I'd go purple / white on the sleeving. I'm doing something similar when I rebuild my big rig over Xmas (purple / grey / white). Purple is the "in" thing these days it seems.
    Last edited by Bartacus; 12-12-2016, 08:17 PM.

Comment

I think I'm going to go purple/graphite. This way when purple isn't "in" any more I won't have as much sleeving to change ...

Comment

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
        P.S. I'd go purple / white on the sleeving. I'm doing something similar when I rebuild my big rig over Xmas (purple / grey / white). Purple is the "in" thing these days it seems.
        Are you taking on the challenge of sleeving ?? I thought didn't have the patience ?

Comment

very nice tube runs guilly, like the blue ya have there, build looks nice, gj, especially for your first go at it.
          Blackout
          Something-New
          Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Originally posted by guilly08 View Post
            Are you taking on the challenge of sleeving ?? I thought didn't have the patience ?
            Nah, but I'm buying a ton of Daz pre-sleeved / pre-pinned cables to make my own extensions. He's made it too easy. Buy the cables / connectors and just snap em all together, with appropriate cable combs, etc. It's cheap too. 24 pre-sleeved cables cost just over $14, the connectors are 50 cents each, and cable combs are less than $2. Bam, one PSU extension cobbled together for under $20.

Comment

Originally posted by nass View Post
              very nice tube runs guilly, like the blue ya have there, build looks nice, gj, especially for your first go at it.
              Thanks Nass.... Everyone likes the blue that was supposed to be purple haha... Ah well...

Comment

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
                Nah, but I'm buying a ton of Daz pre-sleeved / pre-pinned cables to make my own extensions. He's made it too easy. Buy the cables / connectors and just snap em all together, with appropriate cable combs, etc. It's cheap too. 24 pre-sleeved cables cost just over $14, the connectors are 50 cents each, and cable combs are less than $2. Bam, one PSU extension cobbled together for under $20.
                Ah but the joys of having your finger tips burnt off.... How could you pass that up You're making me re think as well especially since I don't have a spare PSU so the computer will be out of commission once again....

Comment

Originally posted by guilly08 View Post
                  Ah but the joys of having your finger tips burnt off.... How could you pass that up You're making me re think as well especially since I don't have a spare PSU so the computer will be out of commission once again....
                  I'm already ordering tons of 12" cables in the colors you want, so assuming Daz has stock (plus the connectors), it's a nice cheap solution. Also if you don't have them already, consider picking up pin removal tools. Those come in handy for when you goof.

Comment

Alright guy's, final pictures for now including a couple sleeving pictures. I'll be re working loop and adding my GPU into the loop hopefully some time in the spring. Getting too cold to work in the garage . Plus it's gaming season as the weather is horrible so can't afford some down time . Enjoy and as always comments welcomed !!

Couple individual sleeve shots... Completed all the sleeving in one weekend. Man my fingers were hating me...

A few complete build shots

Comment

Looks nice ..
                      Blackout
                      Something-New
                      Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Sleeving looks awesome!

Comment

Looks great man. maybe if could run the fan cable of the rear exhaust fan to another header or directly to psu would tidy up that one cable goin to middle of the board looks a lil outta place.
                          Sponsors: Thermaltake, TTesports, Apacer

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009118150299

https://twitter.com/EZgunna82

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYK...nTKQoIX-sPI1UA

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/

http://community.thermaltake.com//

Comment

Cables look great! It was woth the pain.
                            Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                            Venom Build: Build Log,
                            Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                            Orange Build: Final Video
                            HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Working...
                            X