No announcement yet.

Ryzen Shine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got the Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K7 and the trick with 3200Mhz RAM I'm seeing is the Intel-compatible sticks I had just wouldn't get past 2966MHz with Trident RGB RAM on manual or XMP.

I put in a set of Flare X and right away got 3200MHz and even got them at 13-13-13-32 (1.35v worked, bumped to 1.4v for the CPU OC) with a 3.95GHz overclock on a 1700 at 1.4v on a closed water loop (H110). I went ratio until it gave out and I balanced stability with voltage, then I started using base clock to push it. Got 101.5MHz so it's 3248 on BIOS now. 39 ratio and 3958 on BIOS... I have to grab a screenshot because the base clock on BIOS is BS - actual clocks are lower by a few MHz in Windows on CPU-Z.

The MSI 1080 is 2000MHz on air and I originally had the issue a lot of P5 case people have with the crappy extender cable, so I bought a new one on Amazon, foiled the whole thing and then moved the fabric cover over from the Thermaltake one. Looks as good or better than the original.

I've got to install the water blocks and fool around there... but it's really stable now on FurMark & Prime95 on just air.

Spire couldn't keep up, went to a temp single-tower air until the blocks came in. However, that is a beautiful cooler, and I'll probably use it when I build another 1600X later this year.

I asked EK and they told me they're building a block for the K7 for end of April. If I could get a block for the CPU and VRM it would be great...

Once your build is done I'd like to see it, good components and you should have low temps and efficient power usage also.
    Last edited by McFly; 04-22-2017, 04:48 PM.

Comment

sounds like a cool build 10e, was looking at those cases this morning actually. Bendable steel tubing sounds cool, looking forward to see how it progress's.
      Blackout
      Something-New
      Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Originally posted by McFly View Post
        I've got the Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K7 and the trick with 3200Mhz RAM I'm seeing is the Intel-compatible sticks I had just wouldn't get past 2966MHz with Trident RGB RAM on manual or XMP.
        I have the K7 also, what sticks were you using before the Flare?
        I asked EK and they told me they're building a block for the K7 for end of April. If I could get a block for the CPU and VRM it would be great...
        I remember them talking about full cover blocks for motherboards, and now knowing there is one in the works for the K7 is exciting to me!

Comment

Working...
        X