House of the Ryzen Sun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House of the Ryzen Sun

Hi guys, super excited to be posting this. I'm a member of AMD's Red Team Plus, and AMD sent me over a extra special box of goodies to coincide with the Ryzen launch. My plans so far are to build with what I have currently, and as I do tutorials on various modding practices, add to the build log.

Soo.. first off let's see some sexiness

Parts list:

**Sponsored parts**
    AMD Ryzen R7 1800X
    MSI Xpower AM4
    2 x 8gb Corsair LPX 3000mhz
    AMD Visiontek Fury X

**self-financed**
    Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV ATX in Anthracite Grey
    assorted cabling, sleeving, tubing
    Swiftech H-240X
    Mayhems Pastel Orange
    2x 4TB Seagate SSHD
    1 x 4TB Seagate 5900rpm
    Intel 600p 256gb

Have built in my current case (Air 540) and have been testing for stability etc.

Just a quick update on planning stages:

My case finally arrived and she's a beauty. Going to look amazing with the X370 MSI Titanium inside, a real 80's hifi cabinet vibe going on. Will be tearing down and doing some drafting so I can finalize the rest of the plans. Am still waiting for bits and pieces of tools to turn up, and a new psu.

Looks great. welcome to the forums.
    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Glad you made it to the forums bud. Great group here. Lots of team Red guys so you should fit right in lol. Nice project you have goin also man.
      Sponsors: Thermaltake, TTesports, Apacer

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009118150299

https://twitter.com/EZgunna82

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYK...nTKQoIX-sPI1UA

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/

http://community.thermaltake.com//

Comment

Sounds like a great Build.
        to the community

Surprized your not going with a Jail House theme using this name.

House of the Rising Sun, is about a reform school for boys in New Orleans
        Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
        OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
        Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

I wonder how many more Ryzen puns we'll see for these builds. I like this one, and Ryzen Shine. I have a pun picked out for my Ryzen build, but it will probably get used long before I get around to building one of these things!

Nice rig man!!

Comment

aboard sir!

beauty mobo and parts

going to be a fun project

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
              Sounds like a great Build.
              to the community

Surprized your not going with a Jail House theme using this name.

House of the Rising Sun, is about a reform school for boys in New Orleans
              Yup, first song I ever learned on the guitar haha back in 1980ummm something.

Nice Titanium

Good luck with the build WalkingCorpse
              DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

So this week has some interesting developments, first of which is that AMD sent me another care package to coincide with the upcoming Ryzen 5 launch. Really excited to swap these in for some testing, and for my daily driver while I'm working on the Ryzen 7 1800X build. The Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 looks really well-featured for a more mainstream-focussed board, with design keys from the enthusiast boards.

The other things that happened this week are some progress on a logo for the build, and also all my sleeving materials and tooling arrived. Been lusting after Mainframe Customs Teleios Sleeving for a long time now, and with this build I decided to fully sleeve everything using it. It'll really make the build pop.

Comment

So today I'm pleased to announce that The House of the Ryzen Sun has been sponsored for a huge dual-loop! Time to see just how many radiators we can fit into the Phanteks Evolv ATX. The components have just arrived, so expect many more pictures as I unbox everything and finalize my plans for tubing routes.

Huge thanks to Modmymods and Alphacool for their support and guidance with this build.

Comment

Awesome man congratz on the sponsorships. dual loop will be badass
                    Sponsors: Thermaltake, TTesports, Apacer

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009118150299

https://twitter.com/EZgunna82

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYK...nTKQoIX-sPI1UA

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/

http://community.thermaltake.com//

Comment

So after the high of last week’s delivery, I started fitting in hardware as I’d envisioned before shipping and discovered that due to the way the X-flow radiators are designed that while the 360 X-flow radiator was installed I didn’t quite have the clearance I need to mount another radiator onto the back mounting position without putting it outside of the case. Fortunately I’d thought about this in the planning stages, and Alphacool graciously agreed to send another 240mm X-flow radiator in case I ran into issues. Mounting this gives me acres of clearance, but doesn’t quite have the same aesthetic.

I’d still like to use the 360 I think, but have left the 240 on currently to see if anything pops while I brainstorm. I do keep eyeing the back mesh and my Dremel…
                      The other option here is to forgo the back radiator, and use the 360 and 240 radiators either still as separate loops or as one loop. This would be easier, but who said this should be easy? I set out to build a showcase, dual-loop PC; as I haven’t seen anyone put a dual-loop into this case and it looked like a fun challenge.
                      Also while staring at the case, I’ve decided to build some custom acrylic backplates for both sides of the motherboard tray. Will be a much cleaner look, especially once I route various parts of cabling behind it.

So while I've been given a puzzle on the radiator side, I've found a solution for one other issue: Airflow. Now we all love the sleek looks of the Phanteks Evolv, but one thing that's generally agreed is that those sleek lines come with a lower airflow from the front panel. Step in Mnpctech with his Evolv Vented Bezel. This is a full replacement for the front panel, using the existing mounting hardware from that panel. I've seen forum posters saying that their temperatures dropped 5 degrees after adding this mod, can't wait to test that out myself.

It's a straight-forward, swap hardware across and mount on the case.

I've left the acrylic cover on so I don't gather scratches as I work, so here's what it looks like from Mnpctech's own website

That’s all the updates I have this week, to give me some more time to think about the radiator issue I’m going to start on cabling this week, and probably some paint of components.

Comment

Definely looks better with ventilated bezel.
                        Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                        Venom Build: Build Log,
                        Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                        Orange Build: Final Video
                        HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

That ventilated front cover looks awesome. Too bad they don't have one for the top. It's an amazing case but the top panel really hinders airflow.

Comment

I've got a couple ideas for the top, depends if I can pull it off or not..

Comment

Lemme reverse it..

Waterblocks (and roadblocks)..

Those custom Alphacool blocks that ModMyMods did for me.

So.. I learned something this week. Plans go awry, things break, and even the best-planned builds get sidetracked.
                              I had originally planned to get some tubing routes done this week, but the universe had other ideas.

First was noticing a small chip of glass in the bottom of the case. Hmm, not a good sign at any time, especially with a Tempered Glass case. Getting a RMA was easy (thanks Phanteks), but then having to ship it to Cali to get a replacement wasn’t ($65). Luckily was within Amazon’s return, so back it goes to them.

Now.. I don’t have a case. Okay.. I decide to take apart my fans to repaint the housings.. as the rain starts. Took out my sleeving supplies to start on cabling, and realised that I’d only bought male ATX pins and I need female ones. Did do my first cable crimp though, which went smoothly and gave me needed confidence for when I do get the correct pins.

Test cable sleeving on MNPCTECH Aluminum Billet Combs

I love how the cable looks on those billet combs from Mnpctech, they’re gonna look great with all the other titanium/aluminum items in this build.

So, bit of a mixed bag this week.. Haven’t really made any progress, but I’ve learned a few valuable lessons on the way. Check all your deliveries within a day of getting them, make sure you have the necessary parts (even if you’re sure you do), and always keep smiling — life’s too short to be grumpy and setbacks always happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X