Fuzzy's (not Father Fuzzy, no relation, I think) Ratbert build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuzzy's (not Father Fuzzy, no relation, I think) Ratbert build

Ok, yes "Ratbert" is an odd name, but I already have Dogbert, Alice, and Catbert in the house. First off, I've been out of the W/C scene for quite some time, my last one was a first gen Pentium if that gives you any idea, actually, I think I still have the parts from that one in my basement.

In any case, this was/is not a traditional build. In this case I decided to take already working machine, throw in a few upgrades, and slowly transition to water cooling.

Case: NZXT Switch 810
    MB: MSI Z77-GD65 (unfortunately, not the gaming one)
    CPU: i7 (IVY) 3770k
    Ram: GSkills DDR3 2133 (2x 8Gb)
    HD: OCX Vertex SSD, WD Black 2TB

As I said, the machine was assembled and working, so I won't be posting the traditional build pics. My first (2) orders came in from Daz last week, and I guess I did my home work fairly well as I didn't have too many snags... other then breaking the cathode in the FrozenQ res.

Stage 1 water cooling:
    Rad: XSPC RX360
    Fans: 3x GT's
    CPU Block: XSPC Raystorm
    Res: FrozenQ Reactor (Blue) 250mm
    Pump: D5 Strong

So, general overview so far:

a couple close ups:

Originally I was going to put a Alphacool XT45 420 in the top, glad I went with the 360, just enough room to comfortably work around it. The 420 would have fit, but...

Next step will be putting the vids on water, Daz didn't have 2 of the same EK WB's for the 670's in stock, so waiting on that. Also planning on adding a lower rad, couple more fans, etc.

Cheers,

Fuz.

Cool shot for Raystorm close up.
    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Nice rig Fuzzy
      to the Daz Zone
      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Righteous rig man ! Nice shots and close-ups.
        3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Sweet shots. Very nice rig!
          Nova Stryker / Asus Z77 Sabertooth | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 32Gb | Crucial M5 240Gb | WD Black | Asus R9 390 Strix | CM Storm Stryker | BP Summit EF
          Nova Polaris / Asus Maximus Gene VIII | Intel 6600K | Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 16Gb | Intel M2 240Gb | Toshiba 2tb | EVGA GF 1070 | Fractal Node 804 | Swiftech Apogee XL2

Comment

fuzzy

cool perspectives on the photo's
            lower the iso and they will get less noisy

dig the controller shot
            nice big case

Comment

Welcome Fuzzy! I too like your pics. I love those hose clamps too!
              Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Perhaps a silly question: Any reason one of the GT's won't report a stable rpm at anything but full voltage? Not that its worth RMA'ing, and it seems to be running alright... just want to make sure its not something I need to take more immediate action on or what.

Anyone know where I can get a replacement cathode for the FrozenQ res, other then their website... $25 for shipping a $5 item seems... well...

@scaccima: I like the clamps, but with the short barbs I was working with they are almost too wide... not to mention taking the skin of my knuckles trying to tighten the ones at the back under the rad :-). Serious thinking of switching over to bp comps or maybe monsoons.

@Father Fuzzy: (1) Curious about the background on that alias, but don't mean to pry, (2) Thanks for the advice on the ISO, I'll give that a shot (pun not intended, but I'll take it)

Comment

oh man, I forgot how classy the 810 is in all black.

really not that many options for Frozen Q replacements.
                  couple of those US parts stores, but the shipping is the same.

show us whats broke, maybe there's a fix?
                  HAF932 Mods
                  C70 Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy View Post
                    Thanks for the welcome guys.

Perhaps a silly question: Any reason one of the GT's won't report a stable rpm at anything but full voltage? Not that its worth RMA'ing, and it seems to be running alright... just want to make sure its not something I need to take more immediate action on or what.

Anyone know where I can get a replacement cathode for the FrozenQ res, other then their website... $25 for shipping a $5 item seems... well...

@scaccima: I like the clamps, but with the short barbs I was working with they are almost too wide... not to mention taking the skin of my knuckles trying to tighten the ones at the back under the rad :-). Serious thinking of switching over to bp comps or maybe monsoons.

@Father Fuzzy: (1) Curious about the background on that alias, but don't mean to pry, (2) Thanks for the advice on the ISO, I'll give that a shot (pun not intended, but I'll take it)
                    Daz has some im pretty sure , and I have a few spares too if you care to pay for shipping I can send you some (I'll have to go see how many I have on hand.)
                    Nova Stryker / Asus Z77 Sabertooth | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 32Gb | Crucial M5 240Gb | WD Black | Asus R9 390 Strix | CM Storm Stryker | BP Summit EF
                    Nova Polaris / Asus Maximus Gene VIII | Intel 6600K | Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 16Gb | Intel M2 240Gb | Toshiba 2tb | EVGA GF 1070 | Fractal Node 804 | Swiftech Apogee XL2

Comment

What is it about people named Fuzzy who all have nice cameras and camera skills? Looks good sir!

Comment

You won't get stable number of RPM when you undervolt fans.

I don't have any more of those lights and honestly I'm not sure if I get any any time soon...
                        Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                        Venom Build: Build Log,
                        Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                        Orange Build: Final Video
                        HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Sweet 810 bro and Welcome to the forum!!
                          CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
                          XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Comment

Very nice build
                            Dust Collector: CPU: i7 980 | MOBO: Asus P6X58-E WS | RAM: Corsair Dominator GT 12GB | SSD's: 2 Samsung 830 128GB RAID 0 | Graphics: 2 EVGA GTX 570 | Cooling: XSPC Raystorm | Cooling: XSPC Acetal Reservoir |Cooling: DaZMode Storm D5 Strong |Cooling: XSPC RX360 |Power Supply: Corsair AX1200 | Case: Corsair 800D

Comment

Very nice work on the build. what liquid did you use love the orange look? that shoot from the cpu block is very nice. is the cathodes in these a specific length? if it's 12" you can buy one of daz's cathode and remove the plastic cover on it and then make it look the same. shouldn't be that hard if you have the connector removal for it
                              Orange GT Build
                              Orange V8 GT Build
                              Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

Working...
                              X