No announcement yet.

Relikar's 900D Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just an update with the pictures I promised weeks ago. I wasn't able to get the LEDs installed into the GPUs, but everything is switched over to Ice Dragon now. One of the LEDs in the chains was broken and needed down pressure to light up (I stripped the heat shrink and sleeve off to check for damage and everything was perfectly soldered, so I don't know what the problem was) And I didn't have any molex extensions so, I threw some of the needed stuff into my order for my girlfriend's parts and they should be here by Wednesday.

And a lights on, no case window pic just to show everything clearly, since I obviously don't have enough lightning in this monster.

Next on this list: Lights, After that, DSLR Camera...

Comment

That looks great , post some pics of that rad setup without the rad grill. Those red ram sticks looks out of place imho.
      "Casper B!"
      I7 3820 semi-k l Asus/Gigabyte R4E/X79-UP4 l 4x4gb Gskill Ripjaws Z 2133 l 2xGigabyte GTX670 Windforce OC l Asus Xonar DSX l Seasonic X1250 l XSPC D5/Daz D5 Vario l EX360 in p/p+2xCoolstream XTX 480 p/p/p l 2x560 AC Monsta p/p l 2xEK Uni-GPU Block Acetal l 2xBitfenix Recon 3D fan controller l Switch 810 matte black l
      50' Panasonic Viera Plasma ST50 l 7.1 Pioneer A/V Reciever l f@h 4 the future

Comment

They are very out of place. My original case was Black/Red. so they matched at the time, but not anymore. I don't really feel like dropping $500 on 8 Sticks of Dominator Platinum at the moment though.

What do you want to see about the rads? There's a very nasty mess of cables in behind it that I'm not too keen on showing ^-^

Also, I've managed to get a bunch of tiny scratches on the case window. Anybody know a good way buff them out?

Comment

best mem... Kingston Value RAM. then put some BP or XSPC heatshroud with custom paint. much less than cinq cent dollars
          HAF932 Mods
          C70 Mods

Comment

That's what I would do if I was going for purely aesthetics, but I do favour some performance over pure looks.

Honestly this was my first actual computer build. I didn't think everything through and rushed it. I don't mind though, Live and learn. My next one will be much better.

Plus when I bought the ram I wasn't expecting to do a complete overhaul of the visuals.

Comment

is it ok if I change up your avatar... Oscar is cool, but this seems more fitting

HAF932 Mods
              C70 Mods

Comment

lol Relic

I been to Molly's reach

....yeah its a Canadian forum

Comment

Considering that's black and white, I have a feeling I'm too young too know who it is

Comment

Beachcombers tv series

used to be on before Hockey night in Canada when i was a kid

A propane torch might be able to get rid of the scratches on the plexi

here is a method i never heard of before

Comment

There was only a single 900D at frags this year and what he did with it I thought was a waste for the potential in the case. I believe it was corsair h100 or something mounted in the top for the CPU and 2 air cooled graphics cards... it looked so absolutely empty, clean but empty. I think it looks a lot nicer actually making use of the gigantic case like you have.
                      Corsair 800D
                      2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
                      Software Developer

Comment

Very nice. But I get really spoiled by pics by FF and otehrs, so you have to get a camera to make proper shots of this beauty!
                        Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                        Venom Build: Build Log,
                        Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                        Orange Build: Final Video
                        HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Working...
                        X