STH's Watercooled NanoBench Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STH's Watercooled NanoBench Log

Figured I'd post up some pictures of the build I'm currently working on, lots of stuff I got from Daz, so here is how I've used it so far. Still a work in progress.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/k0vaw6sp9xb0nji/eMt2PMEMDd

Full pictures here.

Please take a look at the dropbox album and let me know what you guys think, I have a number of things in mind for improving but I'd welcome any ideas.

Wow that's got to be the most built up test benches I've seen.
    Sweet build.

How do you like the Gryphon? Are you planning to get the armour for it?
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Oh I have the armour. What I don't have is the gryphon haha. I actually just bought the armor kit for the port covers and stuck them onto my Maximus IV Gene.

As far as benches go its a lot smaller than my previous setup:

Comment

Very nice sir

good job on painting the io shield

cool pics and diggin your lightbox

Comment

The lightbox didn't really work out for me, not sure what I did wrong but I couldnt get very good pictures with it. The bulbs I used were only 60W so maybe that was the problem. I'm going to make another one those, probably out of k'nex and some white fabric.

Comment

Yowsa, yowsa ! That's a sweet test bench !
            3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

wow

nice, clean, i like it

Comment

Dimastech bench looks stunning Bet those temps looks sweet too
                "Casper B!"
                I7 3820 semi-k l Asus/Gigabyte R4E/X79-UP4 l 4x4gb Gskill Ripjaws Z 2133 l 2xGigabyte GTX670 Windforce OC l Asus Xonar DSX l Seasonic X1250 l XSPC D5/Daz D5 Vario l EX360 in p/p+2xCoolstream XTX 480 p/p/p l 2x560 AC Monsta p/p l 2xEK Uni-GPU Block Acetal l 2xBitfenix Recon 3D fan controller l Switch 810 matte black l
                50' Panasonic Viera Plasma ST50 l 7.1 Pioneer A/V Reciever l f@h 4 the future

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words guys, I'm fairly happy with how things are turning out. My painting skill as well as my cutting skills could definitely use some work though. Anyone have any advice for painting these kinds of things. I gave the IO boxes about 4 coats of Rustoleum Universal paint/primer but still scratches off so easily.

Comment

Yes, again, i will say pasti-dip

No sanding, no prep, just clean and spray and very very resistant to scratch
                    Take a look here

http://www.dazmode.com/_forum/showth...-a-Motherboard

Comment

Thanks I was hesitant to use that stuff as I've seen some people use that on other forums and it had more of a plastic look than the black metal i was going for.

Comment

yeah i have been debating doing that on my motherboard also and i would use plasti-dip like snef recommends, nice work you did there on the motherboard. the whole build is quite awesome. great work
                        Orange GT Build
                        Orange V8 GT Build
                        Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

^ Thanks. Scrunched my cardboard lightbox and decided to make something better. Lightbox K'nex Edition:

If you guys have any tips for me on how to take amazing photographs like fatherfuzzy does I would appreciate it. I've got the lightbox and the lights, and a good camera, just not the know-how.
                          Last edited by SeeThruHead; 08-22-2013, 03:05 AM.

Comment

Ha Ha ! So funny but looks like it does exactly what is needed and easy to take apart and assemble !
                            3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Originally posted by SeeThruHead View Post
                              Thanks I was hesitant to use that stuff as I've seen some people use that on other forums and it had more of a plastic look than the black metal i was going for.
                              I just used some of the Camo Black on some aluminum psu ends and I kinda like them, reminds me of the XSPC H1 Cube finish.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0036.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	75612

Comment

Working...
                              X