No announcement yet.

STH's Watercooled NanoBench Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so, pretty sure I dont have the skill required to resolder the contacts on the fan PCB. Was able to desolder the wires fine but not get new ones on. So if anyone with better soldering located in toronto wants 9 Vinyl dyed Swiftech 140mm fans you're welcome to them. I'm going to get 9 more and wire them up properly as well as try out RIT dye instead of the spray stuff.

Comment

thats crappy...why switch to the rit dye?

Comment

The reason for the switch, and why I'm not really bummed about having to grab new fans, is because when I tested at low speeds about half the fans had some wobble to them. RIT dye should give a much better effect without throwing off the balance of the fan blades.

Comment

Originally posted by SeeThruHead View Post
          Ok so, pretty sure I dont have the skill required to resolder the contacts on the fan PCB. Was able to desolder the wires fine but not get new ones on. So if anyone with better soldering located in toronto wants 9 Vinyl dyed Swiftech 140mm fans you're welcome to them. I'm going to get 9 more and wire them up properly as well as try out RIT dye instead of the spray stuff.
          I'm game ! Always love a bit of a challenge, give me a PM if you are serious.

Cheers
          3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Even more great news: One of my MC35x pumps isn't moving any water. Given power it vibrates slightly, sounds like its trying to move water but can't. I can't imagine how it could have failed but I guess its time to take apart the loop and check it.

EDIT: False alarm, I'm pretty sure a big air bubble got into one of the pumps and caused it to cavitate. It wouldnt start up. I clamped the tubes connected to the pump and removed it from the loop looking for the problem. Upon inspection both pumps seemed fine so I reconnected them and started them up one by one. One of them does the little vibrate twice before it starts pumping water but it is pumping fine. Hopefully it will stay fine.
            Last edited by SeeThruHead; 09-13-2013, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Ok. No real updates for my build sadly. I've got ten more swiftech fans shipped from sidewinder. The other fans that I can't solder back to working order are going to gdesmo.
              Hopefully we'll get to see him use them for something. On that note I've got 2 EK supreme HF that are tarnished to all hell and taken apart (I hate O-Rings) that someone can have. They are the full copper and full nickel versions. If you want them just send me a PM and their yours. With a good clean and maybe a lapping they should be back to their previous glory, and they are both stunning blocks:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	9563_5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	75651

Name:	EK-Supreme-HF-FullCopper_front_600.jpg
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	75652

On another note, I'm trying to build a led power distribution circuit to mount in a hobby enclosure under the bench. It's going to be a little side project for me but I want 5 12v outputs that I can plug Led runs into (leds will be run in series or with resistor to get to 12v draw.) I've got one anti vandal switch I need to use for power and another I'd like to toggle the leds to pulse. Sticking out of the box I want to use a potentiometer to be able to change the pulse frequency. If anyone can help me with creating this circuit I would appreciate it. I haven't done any circuit work since high school and I'll admit I've got no idea.

Also, does anyone know of any electrical cable I can use to connect the leds that is stiff? I'd like make the led wires go up from the led controller thing up into my blocks in nice right angles. Stiff wire that holds its shape would be nice though my other idea is to sleeve the wires after attaching them to coat hanger to create the shape I want. Any ideas on that front are much appreciated as well.

Comment

For the wires strip the insulation off some 22 gauge stranded wire and tin it with some solder. After you can cover it with some thin heat shrink and put some 2mm Darkside sleeve over that. Could easily make a small perf board to hookup led lights. No clue on a freq. generator for led's though.
                3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

about the led box wouldn't the nzxt hue work for that? has a pulse setting can split molex from psu for the 5 connections

could just get a Car led kit with remote ,i seen them around for 50.00 think it has everything you would need

but not sure quite what effect your after

Comment

Originally posted by SeeThruHead View Post
                    The reason for the switch, and why I'm not really bummed about having to grab new fans, is because when I tested at low speeds about half the fans had some wobble to them. RIT dye should give a much better effect without throwing off the balance of the fan blades.
                    not sure what the material of the part you are trying to dye but i used food colorant to dye my connectors and it's quite cheaper. i can say it works on nylon connectors very well of experience

Originally posted by Father Fuzzy View Post
                    about the led box wouldn't the nzxt hue work for that? has a pulse setting can split molex from psu for the 5 connections

could just get a Car led kit with remote ,i seen them around for 50.00 think it has everything you would need

but not sure quite what effect your after
                    ebay as 5meter strips for 25 ish but you need to wait till it's delivered from china. just my 2 cents if you want to save money. comes with a remote with setting configuration for some custom colors, pulsing and the speed and you can dim them as well
                    Orange GT Build
                    Orange V8 GT Build
                    Ice Phoenix Build

Comment

Are you making a infinity light?

Comment

led strips and all that are not really what I'm looking for. Each of the blocks I have installed on the build have holes for mounting 3mm leds. There are several other leds I'm looking to mount in addition to the ones in the blocks for really neat effects. I'd like them to be powered from a power distribution box mounted on the bottom of the bottom panel of the bench. Basically it needs to supply 10x12v output for different runs of leds. One run could have 6 2v led's in series and another might have 4 2v leds with a resistor inline, and so on. I've got one latching anti vandal switch for on/off and another to switch the flow of electricity from direct to the 12V outputs to a circuit designed to pusle the leds. The circuit should be simple enough, I just need help with the values for things like resistors and capacitors. I've seen people make them before, with a variable resistor which can be adjusted to change the frequency of the pulse. This video here link shows the exact circuit with potentiometer for one led. I need to figure out how to change the circuit so that it can accommodate up to 30 leds.

Comment

Name:	9563_5.jpg
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	75651

Name:	EK-Supreme-HF-FullCopper_front_600.jpg
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	75652 Thanx STH !!! Picked up the 2 blocks and all the fans tonight, can resurrect all but 1 of the fans ( use as shroud ) and the 2 blocks just need a real good cleaning and polishing session. Will post before and after pics of the blocks. Thx again STH.

Comment

Before pics of blocks EK blocks >>> Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1402.jpg
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	75654Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1403.jpg
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	75655Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1406.jpg
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	75656Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1410.jpg
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	75657 Just a wee bit grungy !

Comment

Nothing like a bit of acid to remove crap and grunge, blocks are much better now. Note the early edition Nickel plating flaking off ! Personally I don't worry about it because systems get flushed and cleaned quite often, copper block cleaned up very nicely. Sure you don't want them back ? pics >>> Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1412.jpg
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	75658Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1427.jpg
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	75659Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1430.jpg
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	75660Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1431.jpg
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	75661

Comment

Damn that looks pretty good. That nickel one was run without opening up the loop for almost 2 years. Also with silver in the loop. You can see how the silver came out in my dropbox album. As for wanting them back. Nope. I got my moneys worth out of both and they dont fit with any build ideas that I have in my head, better served actually cooling someones components than in my spare parts bin.
                                Last edited by SeeThruHead; 09-19-2013, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X