• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LVNona - First build

Hello!

Fun part started! A lot of planning, order waiting and problems coming up
    Here is some photos of beginning

Here is first problem:
    case is build with weird holes and are not open for full airflow (I'll test how it is and than will see - maybe I'll cut it):

Gentle Typhoon 15 modification:

to be continued....

Monster case and modded gt's

Off to a great start

Comment

Nice case, little brother to my fusion 4000. Fan blades turned out really nice for sure, red or black connectors would have been a nice touch though. Keep it up, will be a great build for sure !
      3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Looking good so far LV! Great job on the GTs....just don't lose the clips, springy little buggers!!
        CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
        XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Comment

Yes, magnet and big white towel helps when u taking them of

Comment

Canada Post lost my package from DazMode so they try to find where the hell gone my PWM D5 water pumps. Sucks

This is my system:
            AZZA 9000B
            Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5
            I7-4770k
            Ram: G.Skill 2400 x 16GB
            2x ASUS GTX 780 DCII OC edition SLI (3rd one will get at summer 2014)
            Corsair AX1200i
            Kingston HyperDriveX 120GB SSD
            SanDisk Extreme II 240GB SSD
            WD 1TB HDD

This is what I'm getting:

2x DazMode STORM D5 PWM 8-24V Pump w/TACH cable
            11 x Bitspower Premium G1/4" Black Matte High Flow 3/8" (5/8") Compression Fitting
            7 x Bitspower G 1/4" Rotary 45 Degree IG 1/4" Extender - Black Matte Finish
            1 x Bitspower BP-MVV-MBK Mini-Valve - Matt Black
            2 x Bitspower Premium PLUS Matte Black Diamond Series G1/4" Stop Fitting with O-ring
            1 x Bitspower Dual G1/4" High Flow Fitting - Male to Male Thread - Black Matte Finish
            1 x Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 250 - POM - Ice Red
            1 x Bitspower Premium Male G1/4" Deep Blood Red Aqua-Pipe I Fitting
            1 x EK-CoolStream PE 480 (Quad)
            1 x XSPC Raystorm CPU/APU Copper Waterblock - Intel
            15inch PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Tubing - 3/8in. ID X 5/8in. OD - Bloodshed Red
            6 x Scythe Gentle Typhoon 15 120 mm by Nidec Servo Corp. - Ultra High Speed
            1 x Bitspower BP-2D5TOPP-BK Dual D5 Mod Top (POM Version)
            1 x XSPC 480mm Radiator Gasket
            2 x EK-FC780 GTX DCII - Acetal + Nickel (pain in the bum to find those available)
            2 x EK-FC780 GTX DCII Backplate - Black
            1 x EK-CoolStream PE 240 (Dual)
            1 x Bitspower BP-MBWP-C47 G1/4" Matte Black Multi-Link Adapter- Set of 2
            - Crystal Link Tubes: Add BP-CLTAC-S3 Crystal Link Tube For 3-Slots
            1 x PWM Wye "Y" Cable 24" - Sleeved
            1 x Phobya Hose Cutter - Aluminum 3-19mm

Fan controller:
            http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pumps I'll control by mother board or I'll build my own controller from here:
            http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2001...n_controller/2

Cable system I'm leaving at the end.

I get my Bitspower D5 dual top and it doesn't have mount. Is there any idea where can I order original mounts like those:
            http://www.bitspower.com.tw/index.ph...oducts_id=3128
            I saw there is (UN) Designs as an option as well or I'll do my own custom mount - haven't decide

Is there any suggestion what should I do with top fan holes - are they enough for air flow or I need to cut them bigger - please check photos.
            Feel free to leave some comments I trust experienced people

Thanks.
            Last edited by LVNona; 12-14-2013, 06:32 PM. Reason: update

Comment

I would cut the holes a little larger and make your own top mount with some plexi or steel !
              3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

I wouldnt worry too much about the top. I am using the same case and have a 480 mounted up top (no modding required) and a 240 mounted in the bottom. It may look restricted somewhat, but there is good air flow thru the top. I was going to do the same but elected not too.

I really enjoyed working with the Genesis case. It is slightly bigger than a HAF 932 (interior) and allows for different configurations. I went with an inverted mobo. A 120.2 or 140.2 rad mounts in the botton with no modding, but the stock mounting holes position the rad to one side or the other. I made my own holes and mounted a 120.2 in the center at the back. With a 120.2 rad in the btm, you can still use the largest PSU (I am using an AX1200i) and have lots of room between the PSU and rad. A 140.2 will be tight. Just be careful if you have mobo mounted to the tray and have it removed. The mobo tray is flimsy when removed and your mobo can flex. I hacked up the case's USB3 cable and made it into a 90deg plug so it isnt so fuggly, and sleeved it and all other wiring. Got pics of rig if you want.

Good luck with build and looking forward to seeing this finished.

Comment

Nice stuff and welcome to the forum!

Comment

Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
                    I would cut the holes a little larger and make your own top mount with some plexi or steel !
                    Doing my best, but it is difficult to work out modding living in a apartment + kids

Comment

Nice. lots of space!
                      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                      Venom Build: Build Log,
                      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                      Orange Build: Final Video
                      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by LVNona View Post
                        Doing my best, but it is difficult to work out modding living in a apartment + kids
                        OMG ! Say no more, you have your hands full and maybe a couple unneeded ones to boot !

Comment

Nice, a lot of fun

Funny, this is the third time i heard Canadapost lost a package this week

You scared me, i have 3 on the way with canada post

Comment

Originally posted by snef View Post
                            Nice, a lot of fun

Funny, this is the third time i heard Canadapost lost a package this week

You scared me, i have 3 on the way with canada post
                            Dont worry I'm pretty sure Daz will figure something out

Comment

Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
                              OMG ! Say no more, you have your hands full and maybe a couple unneeded ones to boot !
                              Yea But my 6 old kid is pretty excited and helping with PC I think at elementary school finish he will be EXPERT
                              Build your own thinks and create something personal is very impressive and awesome filing for yourself And definetly better than any PS or XBOX for kids
                              And this hobby keeps son and father together

Comment

Working...
                              X