No announcement yet.

Project Gargantua

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont waste your money lol. Well, i don't know if the other cases of the 20's series are better but the XT is bad. Supposed to be a 20 years anniversary premium case and to be honest nothing feels premium about it. I always liked thermaltake cases and it makes me sad to say this. First thing, the thing is huge, really huge and very heavy. Heavier than my Corsair 900D.. I wanted a cubelike case for a change with radiators at the bottom. Seeing how big it is, i thought there would have been alot of room for câble management but i can tell you, it's the worse case i've seen in 25 years of customizing.

Then, nothing comes with the case cept one single 140mm fan and its not really the best one. They could've at least given the 2 200mm fans at the front like most case i've seen has.

No psu shroud either and nowhere To hide any cables or anything else. The filtres at the bottom.. Well, it sucks. You have to turn the case on one of the side panel to be abble to reach and remove them if you want to clean them. At this size and weight, it's really not what you want lol. And finally, the front i/o cables are very short. Can hardly get to the ports on the motherboard. Oh and toi have to buy the type C USB adapter because it doesnt come with it. Thats about it!

Still plan on getting one?

Comment

I've been eyeing up the MicroATX version because it seems like an effective knock off of the CaseLabs BH4 which I need to give up on ever being able to afford. Whenever I finally upgrade from this 3770K, thinking of going MicroATX.

Comment

Yeah. I read alot of good comments about the level 20 VT. Looks pretty much the same but smaller. Also, dont remember how much but i think people said it was a bit heavy but à little bigger than the usual size of these type of case. I might be wrong though.

Comment

Thanks for letting me know your thoughts

Comment

If it could help you, i'm always happy to share my experience and knowledge. Will you be getting it then?

Comment

Tought i could share a little something... Here, some pictures showing why i prefer "T connectors" over 90° angled fittings. Arent they beautiful?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny79-Qc View Post
                If it could help you, i'm always happy to share my experience and knowledge. Will you be getting it then?
                Probably not. Have some ideas for how to make my Compact Splash work better air cooled (now that I have a 3d printer)

Comment

Well, show us some pics if you ever feel like it. Really enjoy seeing different ideas and builds.

Comment

We're practically neighbours

Comment

Well, i decided to change plans. Wont be using this monster after all. I will post a bunch of parts to sell once i get the new case. Like 3 weeks from now maybe.. shipping is slow right now because of the coronavirus.

I can already say i will have this one for sale along with 2 Thermaltake View 71 TG. One new, one a little used.

Comment

Gosh all those cases are huuuuuge lol. Sorry that you're having a change of plans, but you sound upbeat. What's the new case, or is it a surprise?

Comment

Yeah. Will take a couple weeks before i receive it and yes i want to keep it secret for now . All i can say is it will give me the rads at the bottom, front and top. While being smaller than this monster lol. Just not sure if it will take my 3 360 Coolstream XE in push/pull configuration. 60mm thick + (2×25mm) for the fans might be to much. Anyways, i will update when i receive it

Comment

Thanks for telling the experience with the thermaltake case. I looked at it at one point. I guess it copied one of the issues with that style.

The original design were mountain mods then caselabs mercury lineup. I had the mercury s8 and cable management was messy more stuff that goes into it. I had to velcro straps and dbl sided tape and custom short length cable to achieve cleaner cabling.

Nice of you to clear up space and get cash back. I repurposed my s8 as i find it incredibly hard to even want to sell it. If i can find way to fix it issues, would love to reuse it again as main pc case.

Comment

Yeah. Cable management is definatelly the worse part. I had the chance to complete a temporary set up for testing purpose. It happens this case, beside this issue, it has really great potential. Temps are about the best i have seen in many years. I was very impressed. If it wasn't of the way you see the USB 3.0 and type C cables, like to much for me, i would probably keep it. For a modder who loves challenges, this is really a great case. Way better than i thought. I'm kinda sad about selling it but i know i will make something better with the other case i ordered just because right now, i'm very limited in the modding i can do. My two printers are broken and i dont have access to all the tool i usually have. As soon as i receive the other one, i'm gona put them with other hardwares on sale for a very good price. Just because i know some people cant afford everything they want, maybe i will be abble to help a little that way.

Comment

I was SO TEMPTED but it's like 2 feet square, a little big for my desk. Thing is nearly double the size of the VT. Pretty amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X