Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Gargantua

Well, hi again everyone.
    Thought i could post some pics of my new project. Sorry the quality of pictures isn't there. Taking and posting those with my S9 lol.

I received my first couple shipements this week. Most from DazMode except for the case and cables. First of, i would like to say the name isn't the définitive one. It's just, well, big. And when i say big, it's not even big enough. The reason i called it Gargantua. It's not a case. Put a bazooka on top of it and it's a freaking tank!
    You will see what i mean in the pictures. Anyways, it's just the begining and it will take alot of time to complete it so i will be updating every times the build will have made enough progress.

Right now i havent even decided which board i will put in there. I'm giving my personnal build, which you guys saw in the BOTM of February, to à friend who doesnt have alot of money. So this one here will become my personnal rig once it is completed. I'm thinking about Maximus Xi Formula since it was what i was going for in my previous build. But had to put it in one of my clients build because of some issues with delivery from Canada Post. So yeah, either Formula or Zénith II which is completely different everything lol. Right now i have a Maximus XI hero taking dust that i will probably never use in any clients build but dont want to go with this one. I will pick the processor which goes with whichever board i decide to go with. Then i will look at thé QVL for the RAM.

I havent decided which routing i will go for, for the airflow. There is alot of possibilities with this case. But gota keep in mind i will watercool CPU, GPU's and RAM. For the GPU's, i will go for RTX 2080ti in SLI and switch to the 30's series from Nvidia when they come out. I will go for a dual pump config with triple 360mm rads. So, if anyone have suggestions for fans set-up please let me know. I would really be happy to get some ideas. ( neutral, positive or négative pressure) i'm open minded to try anything.

The reason i went with this case is to have no rads on top and dont want any mechify parts because my wife's cats really love to mess these up lol. Well, i didnt expect it to be that big. So if you got suggestions for the setup and airflow, keep in mind, no rads at the top.

Ok enough blah blah. I'm suposed to be in bed for at least another week because of those surgeries but it's to hard to just stand there and see all those hardwares needing love. But please dont tell my wife or ima get a spanking!

Posting those bad quality pics (sorry) and will post more once the concept move on... Have a good day!

A couple more then l'm donc for today...

Comment

One thing i love about living in Montréal is Distilled water cost almost nothing! 50 cent per 4L me love!

Comment

Thanks for the shipment received today Daz. No idea if you're gona see this but i also want to say sorry for the small order. I'm in the testing phase right now and did not want to buy to many fittings i would not use lol.
        I'm really starting to regret buying this case. The cable management is non-existant in that thing. Plus, i tought i could maybe put 2 360mm radiators at the buttom since you can fit 480 ones but nope. Almost 400$ wasted and that thing is so heavy.. Heavier than my old 900D lol...

Anyways, thanks again for the delivery. I will be ordering more once i decide which board ima put in there.
        Oh! One last thing.. Thanks for the little attention of putting à french sticker on the box!

Comment

Well, im back and still alive! Was so happy to leave the hospital for the xx'th time! Anyways, dont have much update still, since i still havent ordered my new board, 2080ti and other hardwares. I finaly gave the rig that made me win feb BOTM To my friend and he was hmmmm very happy? Lol i was suposed to give it To him before but decided To keep a couple components and give him other ones i had. Like, since i have a Maximus hero gathering dust, i decided To use it until i get the maximus Formula so i just kept the monoblock and gave him à ek supremacy rgb block. Also replaced his reservoir for something à bit smaller. Right now, no pc building for any clients so no money money for me. So i have to wait to get more parts but tought i could share à little picture...

Did anyone said câble management? Well, definatelly not the people who made that case because it has none... only cables we see on that pics are from corsair fans and only at 19 out of 28. I kinda ran out and have to order more obviously. Why so many? Simple! 3 rads in push/pull config and that case is enormous... and one to give a taste of what it is starting to look like..

Comment

Looks like a killer build coming right up.
            Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
            OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
            Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Haha yeah. Sadly i've been slowed down alot because of the Covid19 and i was hospitalized. Missing alot of parts and no contracts = no money = no orders. Its the reason i decided To use the maximus hero mb i have left for now. Not sure if i can get this pc to work without everything i want to put in there but trying hard. Also, i will have to mod the case alot since it has almost no room for câble management and no psu shroud. I received the email today from cablemod telling me they are sending me the replacement cables i asked for the defective ones i bought.. finally lol.

Here, à picture of the only place i can use to hide all the cables... it has like 2-3cm between the radiator and the pass through you can see but 10-15cm height at least.. Have to fit 2 corsair commander pro, à lighting node and 4 or 5 rgb hub in there... with si many fans i have no choices lol..

Edit: Actually, i was farther into the building process.. to be honest it was almost working but i failed and it did not want to post so i started over. Right now the only thing i need for it to run is a ssd and a gpu. One of the 2080ti I was going to use is defective so im pretty much stuck right now.. For some reasons, the voltage of the mb is very high when i try to set xmp I or xmp II. Tought the issue was maybe a damaged cpu socket but no, its fine. Also the m.2 nvme ssd i have only want to run in SATA. Tried to fix these issues in the bios but it wont work. Might have to wait for the new mb after all...
              Last edited by Danny79-Qc; 04-02-2020, 04:08 AM.

Comment

Well, it isn't turning the way i wanted it to... i might ditch this build. This case is a big fail for both me and thermaltake... Being lucky as i am, everything will fail so might as well just start over with a better case.. still looking for one that can take one or two 360mm rads at the bottom and one up front. I dont aim for slim radiators either. Pretty much between 40 to 60mm thickness. So if anyone have recommendations, please do so .
                At least i'm not stuck with no pc untill i build this one. Got my old 4930k with gtx titans. Not the best but still runs fine after 7 years lol..
                Oh and my friend gave me back the pc I gave him.. The one you guys saw in February BOTM. He brang it back as soon as he realised how much it was worth lol! So i am now selling it haha. Not sure if it will go for the price i'm asking but oh well... cant ask for less than what i have invested. Well, i'm actually asking for a bit less so who knows. Maybe i will get lucky.. Anyways...

On another and last note, i don't know how it is where you guys live but here, i cant find no distilled water anywhere anymore. I'm happy i restocked just before the Covid19 got here... used to pay between 50 to 75cents per 4L but i bet once i find some, anywhere, it will be way more expenssive now lol.

ok im off to try and find a better case ... Again, all suggestions would be appreciated!
                Have à good day everyone!
                Last edited by Danny79-Qc; 04-16-2020, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Why not look at an external rad box and a smaller case? You could always use one of these MO-RA3 360

Comment

Great suggestion. Thank you. Thing is, i already made a build like this in the past with a custom external radiators box. It was like 10 years ago. Great performances but it was so noisy lol. We didn't have silent components like we have today though.I want to make something different this time and never made one with radiators at the bottom. It's also a way for me for testing temps and performances. So i just need to find the Perfect case. I wish Case Labs was still in business..

Comment

Well, i think i will have to chose between the Cooler Master C700M or InWin 925.. both very expenssive which is the reason i didnt want one of those but i cant think of any other case. I could use my Corsair Obsidian 900D but had it since it came out. I want something different lol.. oh well. Might just mod the stupid Level 20 i have and try to make something out of it. By modding i mean massive modding haha..

Comment

Go with the serious modding of the LVL20.

Comment

Yeah, i've been thinking about this since last night. First thing, i want to paint the case. Cant decide if i will paint it silver with some metallic blue accent or the other way around. Any recommandations on which metal paint to use? As for, any type or brand better than the others that you actually tested or heard about?

Comment

I just use what ever Crappy Tire paint best matches the colour I want, LOL
                            Not much of a painter.

Comment

I've been thinking of getting a Level 20. What do you think about it?

Comment

Working...
                              X