• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NZXT H510 Elite "Snow"

Hello all,
    ​​​​​
    Bit of background for this build:
    An older PC running a i7-7700k and EVGA 1080FTW with EKWB blocks. I posted here a couple years back with my first attempt at watercooling but never updated the post with the final product. The picture with the black PC Case is the old build. I regret not taking better pictures of it. Over the last two years, the loop was frustratingly difficult to work with (I attribute to mostly the horizontal placement of the reservoir) and eventually led to the need for major repairs. With nothing but time on my hands due to the current circumstances I decided to fix the loop and teach myself how to bend hard tubing for the day I do buy completely new parts.

The sort-of new build:
    Same major parts with the following changes: 12mm fittings, Darkside reservoir pump combo, NZXT H510 Elite case, 1TB western digital black m.2.

Thoughts and inspirations for the build:
    I love winter and I love the look of the white H510 elite so decided to go with a monochromatic theme for color choices. Meaning solid white EK fluid, and all lighting set to white.
    The case is small so I had to make a few modifications to the case the accommodate the pump/res placement. Tubing run placement mainly driven by trying not to clutter the space too much.

​​​​​​​The white PC case picture is the updated build as of today and after leak testing I hope to post the final picture tomorrow.
    ​​​
    ​​​​​
    ​​​​​​
    ​​​​

Complete spec list in case someone was interested and some thoughts on the build process:
    • Intel i7-7700k
    • EVGA 1080 FTW
    • MSI M7 z270 motherboard
    • EVGA 750 watt supernova
    • 2x Samsung SSD
    • 1TB M.2 Western Digital black
    • Asus wireless card
    • EKWB pu and gpu block
    • Darkside 12mm fittings
    • Bits power 12mm acrylic tubing
    • Darkside pump/reservoir combo
    • 1x EKWB 280 rad
    • 1x EKWB 120 rad
    • NZXT H510 Elite white
    I went through almost 5 meters of tubing and am still not completely happy with some of the runs but I am pressed for time and this was more so a learning experience for when I do build an entirely new computer in the future.

​​​​​​There was some concern on vibration noise since the pump/res is mounted directly to the case without damping but since turning on the pump, I have found there to be very little vibrational noise.

Comment

Here's finished pics! The fan at the back is supposed to light up as well but I need an extender cable to connect it to the controller.

​​​​​Final thoughts:

I want something to light up the the case from the bottom in front of the GPU but there's no natural way in the case to hide the strip. I may get a sheet of acrylic and make one myself but that's an after thought.

Comment

Turned out very nicely.
        Nice clean looking build. Well done.
        Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
        OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
        Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Clean is the word that comes to mind, nice job!

Comment

Thanks, glad people like it!

Special thanks for dazmode for staying open during these times and for their hard work.

Comment

Working...
            X