Stock Wish List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xmanrigger View Post
    Swiftec MCP3XX pumps are better than other MCP3XX pump I have used. The run much quieter. My first choice for MCP3XX pumps.

But then again, a MCP355 is the only thing I would ever buy from Swiftec.
    You know that they dont make any pumps, right?
    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
    Venom Build: Build Log,
    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
    Orange Build: Final Video
    HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

• Ha ha ha !
      3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

• Originally posted by DazMode View Post
        You know that they dont make any pumps, right?
        You are very right. But they got their name on pumps. And when I need one, that is where I go. I tried 3 others (yours being one), and none ran as cool or quiet as the Swiftecs. As a matter of fact, the pump of yours I tried, came very close to not only frying my PC, but potentially burning my house down. Not sure if it was defective to begin with, but it was only about 5 months from the time I installed the pump to the time it heated up. I had noticed a 'burnt electronics' smell in the house and that is where my nose led me to. The pump was so hot, I couldnt handle it until it cooled down.

Dont take this the wrong way Daz. I have great respect for your shop. Just stating what I have experienced.
        Last edited by xmanrigger; 01-14-2016, 03:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
          Ha ha ha !
          And the peanut gallery chimes in.

EDIT: Just for you skippy.
          Last edited by xmanrigger; 01-14-2016, 04:32 AM.

Comment

You are very right. But they got their name on pumps. And when I need one, that is where I go. I tried 3 others (yours being one), and none ran as cool or quiet as the Swiftecs. As a matter of fact, the pump of yours I tried, came very close to not only frying my PC, but potentially burning my house down. Not sure if it was defective to begin with, but it was only about 5 months from the time I installed the pump to the time it heated up. I had noticed a 'burnt electronics' smell in the house and that is where my nose led me to. The pump was so hot, I couldnt handle it until it cooled down.

Dont take this the wrong way Daz. I have great respect for your shop. Just stating what I have experienced.
            That's not the fault of the shop though either, and the swiftecs are just rebranded Laings. I think the chance of that occurring are the same regardless if you get the manufacturers version or rebranded. Slim regardless, but sounds like you just got the shit end of the Stix, which is unfortunate obviously. No offense meant at all but it's like having a seasonic psu fail and then saying you won't buy seasonic again just xfx or many of the other rebranded seasonics.

Comment

• If swiftech sticker makes you happy, that is fine..I have tons of my superstitions too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chann3l View Post
                That's not the fault of the shop though either, and the swiftecs are just rebranded Laings. I think the chance of that occurring are the same regardless if you get the manufacturers version or rebranded. Slim regardless, but sounds like you just got the shit end of the Stix, which is unfortunate obviously. No offense meant at all but it's like having a seasonic psu fail and then saying you won't buy seasonic again just xfx or many of the other rebranded seasonics.
                Yes, they are Laings, but you are wrong in another sense.. The Swiftecs I buy are not modded. PlainJane MCP355.

Coincidence or not, but it happened to be one of Daz's pumps. I stuck to Swiftec.
                Last edited by xmanrigger; 01-14-2016, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Yes, they are Laings, but you are wrong in another sense.. The Swiftecs I buy are not modded. PlainJane MCP355.

Coincidence or not, but it happened to be one of Daz's pumps. I stuck to Swiftec.
                  LOL. NONE of Daz's Pumps are modded unless you mod them.

I have only have 4 of Daz's DDC pumps around. Two have been running for more then 3 years, another that is over two years old. My 3 D5's are all running top notch as well.
                  Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                  OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                  Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

• Originally posted by Hooded View Post
                    LOL. NONE of Daz's Pumps are modded unless you mod them.

I have only have 4 of Daz's DDC pumps around. Two have been running for more then 3 years, another that is over two years old. My 3 D5's are all running top notch as well.
                    I just assumed they were as I could see no other reason to slap a Darkside sticker on them, and was sure at one time, modded pumps were available here. And as I said in last post, it may have been a coincidence.

As far as D5s go, I have a D5 in my main rig and I will agree they are great pumps. As a matter of fact, I built a X58 system in 2010 with a D5 and it is going strong. Very quiet pumps.

And as I said, I never made the statement to shit on Daz. It was an observation. And as I said before, 'I calls them as I sees them'. I sugar coat nothing. As well, I can admit I was wrong. I was wrong.

Comment

• Don't worry , all is good.

I put sticker only for warranty tracking purpose, so people don't claim pumps purchased from other source with my store.

Initially i was tempted to re-brand base models like Swiftech or Koolance, but finally decided that it it all BS that creates confusion, so I just use core part numbers instead and list as Laing (now Xylem)

Comment

• Anybody want EK parts, E-mail me part numbers and q-ty now. Had to get those bloody Predators...

Comment

• Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                          Anybody want EK parts, E-mail me part numbers and q-ty now. Had to get those bloody Predators...
                          I think I'll take you up on that thank you. I've been eyeing up a M7G Mofset block, but sadly may be EOL.

Comment

• Hey Daz, it's not Ek but have you thought about stocking parts for the Monsoon modular reservoir system? I'm starting to plan out my first watercooling build and This system looks like a perfect solution.

Comment

• Hey Daz, I was wondering if you plan to have any of the 1m lengths of the clear Crystal Link 12mm OD coming in soon? Quite a bit more expensive doing the .5M runs of the same total amount.

Comment

• Dammit missed the EK order, but is there anyway to get the EK 980 strix block (EAN: 3831109830321) in stock?

Comment

Working...
                                X