win 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• win 10

got it installed last night on gaming rig for the limited time used, i like it. Make sure you have an install of what your updating in first wont work going in like we usually do an install. Me just did a fresh install of 8 no drivers manually activated it no internet and then through 10 at it worked fine. depending on your board should be some wndows 10 drivers on the mans. dl page, installed all them and later windows activated once a reboot happened, after net driver was instsalled.

Desktop is cool.
    Last edited by nass; 07-30-2015, 10:15 PM.
    Blackout
    Something-New
    Sma8-Caselabs

I've been seeing people having a lot of issue with a wide range of problems so Im holding off for a few weeks.
    Case: Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 .:. PSU: Corsair AX760 .:. Mobo: Asus Maximus Gene VI .:. CPU: I5 4670K w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Plexi Water Block .:. Ram: 24gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600mhz .:. GPU: EVGA GTX 780 TI Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block .:. Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250gb & 1tb SSD .:. Rads: Darkside LPX360 & LP240 .:. Fans: 5x Noctua NF-F12 1x NF-S12A FLX .:. Pump/Res: EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Comment

sissy's there are.. .
      Blackout
      Something-New
      Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

for those wondering where to get your win 10 now just search
        media creation tool for win 10 install tool and get started, make sure u have the cd key copied down for that previous windows
        Blackout
        Something-New
        Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Here is a download link for anyone interested in getting it.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...d/windows10ISO

Comment

Is it true that after a year, you will have to pay a fee to continue to use W10 for next year?
            Sentinel Build: Build Log,
            Venom Build: Build Log,
            Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
            Orange Build: Final Video
            HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

I've not heard that. But I have heard if you don't upgrade in the first year you pay
              Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
              OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
              Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

no is only a year u have to upgrade free after that no more upgrade u pay to get 10
                Blackout
                Something-New
                Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                  Is it true that after a year, you will have to pay a fee to continue to use W10 for next year?
                  There was rumours about that but it was confirmed that windows 10 would be free for anyone who upgrades within the first year from windows 7 to 8.1. After that year anyone that has not already claimed their windows 10 key will have to pay to upgrade ($150).

Comment

I also saw somewhere that if you want security fixes and shit, you will pay subscription fee later...

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                      I also saw somewhere that if you want security fixes and shit, you will pay subscription fee later...
                      They are not charging for security fixes. fixes, or patches. Cumulative updates will be available for windows 10 till 2020 which is it's End of Mainstream support phase. So that's about 5 years worth of software support.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/lifecycle

Comment

OK, cool.

Comment

Yeah , i say go for it. Just had one hiccup upgrading. My logitech G13 (with LCD) would make my system lockup on boot. Sometimes wouldn't turn on at all. Unplugged it and removed Logitech software. Haven't had any problems aside from iffy Windows Media Player performance when trying to review game footage etc. For the time being i am using VLC anyway.
                          Nova Stryker / Asus Z77 Sabertooth | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 32Gb | Crucial M5 240Gb | WD Black | Asus R9 390 Strix | CM Storm Stryker | BP Summit EF
                          Nova Polaris / Asus Maximus Gene VIII | Intel 6600K | Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 16Gb | Intel M2 240Gb | Toshiba 2tb | EVGA GF 1070 | Fractal Node 804 | Swiftech Apogee XL2

Comment

ya have both actually all pc in house are win 10 now. Still working through it all. Kid claims some games run better on it. GTAV for example.
                            Blackout
                            Something-New
                            Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Originally posted by kabe0 View Post
                              They are not charging for security fixes. fixes, or patches. Cumulative updates will be available for windows 10 till 2020 which is it's End of Mainstream support phase. So that's about 5 years worth of software support.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/lifecycle
                              For W10 it's 2025, 2020 is for W7, according to the link anyway.
                              With that said, I thought W10 was supposed to be the last OS that Microsoft rolls out _ no more learning curves and trouble shooting with poorly written software and drivers.
                              But from what the fact shows this isn't true, will it remain basically the same or will there be Windows 11 and yet another learning curve, trying to find out where everything is ?

Comment

Working...
                              X