No announcement yet.

win 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 10 may be the last version of windows that is released as an official product (not confirmed). What it would mean in the future is that Microsoft would no longer have giant releases. Instead they would adopt a faster development cycle (like web browsers) where they release small intermittent updates. These probably would be free. What they will most likely use to make up for that is charging for services like office 365 and the app store to make up for the losses when it comes to windows licences. Though this is all just speculation.

Comment

I personally can't see Windows 10 being the last version rolled out. This won't happen
      It may be the last for a while though and that's fine, as most software is still trying to play catch up with the 64bit code and multi core processing.
      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

It probably wouldn't matter so much, it's when they move everything all around and change the names of things eg. "Folder Options" in the control panel is now called "File Explorer Options".
        Little annoying things like this, it serves no purpose to change the name and it just becomes an irritant.

People don't like it either, look what happened in W8 "WHERE'S MY START BUTTON !" the public out-cry was great and here we are now with W10 and the familiar start button is back _ it even operates the same as with all the other operating systems. When will Microsoft learn ??? !!!
        I'm sure some doofus at Microsoft said "well we've had that start button since day one, lets get rid of it". It's like taking the steering wheel away on a car and replacing it with a joy stick _ how do you think the public would react to that ? Hell with a setup like that you wouldn't even need the gas pedal anymore _ forward to go fast, backwards to slow down _ pull all the way back for reverse.
        You could tie it in to the steering, brakes, transmission _ can you imagine !

I don't why that just can't leave things where they are and just improve the functionality.

Any one here have an Apple, how dramatic are the changes when they introduce a new OS, is it as bad as Microsoft ?

Comment

Nice that MS uninstalls all the free games from the Windows 7 install so you have to down load crap games from MS Store so you can have ad's in your free games and pay to have them removed.
          I updated my parents Windows 7 PC to Windows 10 today for about 2 hours. Then I rolled it back to Windows 7.
          Looks like a lot of Ad ware the new Windows 10. I won't be upgrading any of my Windows 7 machines until they fix the Ad ware over bloat that is Windows 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
            Nice that MS uninstalls all the free games from the Windows 7 install so you have to down load crap games from MS Store so you can have ad's in your free games and pay to have them removed.
            I updated my parents Windows 7 PC to Windows 10 today for about 2 hours. Then I rolled it back to Windows 7.
            Looks like a lot of Ad ware the new Windows 10. I won't be upgrading any of my Windows 7 machines until they fix the Ad ware over bloat that is Windows 10.
            That's not all I had classic shell installed on my laptop and it uninstalled that to force me to use the default start bar. Was pretty confused when I couldn't find it on my HDD anywhere or in the start menu.
            Case: Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 .:. PSU: Corsair AX760 .:. Mobo: Asus Maximus Gene VI .:. CPU: I5 4670K w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Plexi Water Block .:. Ram: 24gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600mhz .:. GPU: EVGA GTX 780 TI Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block .:. Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250gb & 1tb SSD .:. Rads: Darkside LPX360 & LP240 .:. Fans: 5x Noctua NF-F12 1x NF-S12A FLX .:. Pump/Res: EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Comment

LOL someone made a tool to easily disable all the data logging stuff in windows 10 for non tech savy people.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/...s-10-tracking/
              Case: Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 .:. PSU: Corsair AX760 .:. Mobo: Asus Maximus Gene VI .:. CPU: I5 4670K w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Plexi Water Block .:. Ram: 24gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600mhz .:. GPU: EVGA GTX 780 TI Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block .:. Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250gb & 1tb SSD .:. Rads: Darkside LPX360 & LP240 .:. Fans: 5x Noctua NF-F12 1x NF-S12A FLX .:. Pump/Res: EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Comment

Smart move.

Comment

Well I took the plunge yesterday and upgraded one of my x58 systems to Win 10

After spending about 6 hours with it yesterday I got a lot of things figured out and the setup the system in a manner I like.
                  I was smart enough to save all my free games so I was able to install them on Win 10 as well I found the Microsoft Solitaire Collection, Windows 10's preinstalled free games.
                  Messed around with the start t menu got it looking pretty cool. Like how each monitor gets a copy of the Taskbar and Start Menu that can be custom positioned for each monitor.
                  Played with themes a little. Nice feature here is window knows to use a different background pic for each monitor in use.
                  Edge took some tweaking as well, tricky to setup google as my default search engine. I had to have the www.google.ca page bookmarked in the root of my Favorites folder in order for it to be added to the list of search engines available for searching with.
                  Disabled all that Contana crap right from the install. Shit canned all the MS tracking my movements and sending shit to MS about how I use my machine.

Would like to be able to get a 3d style of window again but for now that's gone.

Found an app online that allowed me to install Desktop Gadgets again so that was good. It's called 8GadgetPack Tools comes with all the best gadgets imho.

I had to changed my monitors from default Generic to 1920x1080 Flat Panel @ 60Mhz
                  Now it plays all my games as well or better than when I was on Windows 7.

I may slowly upgrade the rest of my LAN after I finish tweaking this install.

Comment

ya I need to uninstall Cotano also not wearing my headset most of the time and when gaming not interested in talking to her.
                    Blackout
                    Something-New
                    Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Upgraded my 4770k rig from win 8.1 to win 10 last week was running great

Then another ssd failure in a raid 0, 4 ssd setup ,now down to 3(started with 6)

Should be an adventure getting win 10 back

Dont want to waste all that time installing 8

Comment

which ssd u have that are dying?
                        Blackout
                        Something-New
                        Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Intel 520's

Comment

pricey loss's
                            Blackout
                            Something-New
                            Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

somehow destroyed my network driver in win 10 on my gigabyte z97x board, only solution was to reinstall win 10, reset gave me a blue screen saying boot drive was inaccessible.

Win 10 does a hardware profile, a key is not needed once you upgrade, you can erase the drive and put it in from scratch, even use a new drive . Skip and not right now are your friends during a reinstall.

This hardware thing may poss a future problem for us hardware junkies.
                              Blackout
                              Something-New
                              Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Raid ! for images of those Raid 0 disks is always the safest fast way to backup/restore.
                                Or setup Raid 10 so as not to loose the whole raid in the first place, only the broken drive, would need replacing

Comment

Working...
                                X