No announcement yet.

new setup help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To clean up PCI-E cables,I think it would look cleaner to route cables along the end of the video cards between the rez. There maybe holes in the PCB on cards to tie the cables to, keeping a clean profile. I was able to do that with GTX680 cards.

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
      Mount pump on front fan. Velcro or ziptie for cables
      Thanks for the reply Daz, ill try to see how I can mount it there.

Comment

Originally posted by xmanrigger View Post
        To clean up PCI-E cables,I think it would look cleaner to route cables along the end of the video cards between the rez. There maybe holes in the PCB on cards to tie the cables to, keeping a clean profile. I was able to do that with GTX680 cards.
        ill check today to see if I have holes on the pcbs to tie the cables in place.

Comment

Cant you mount the pump to your res, while moving the res up higher like idea?
          Blackout
          Something-New
          Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Run PCIE cable behind motherboard tray and come up through a rubber grommet behind res. also use something to tie to the cards and behind motherboard.tray.
            I agree with nass about moving res higher and mounting pump below it. A DDC pump weighs next to nothing so you can have it mounted directly to your res using a spacer fitting with male threads on each end. Use a fitting that has a rotary connection at the end you plan on attaching to pump so you can get the best orientation for your pump.
            Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
            OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
            Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by nass View Post
              Cant you mount the pump to your res, while moving the res up higher like idea?
              I tried... to place it higher yesterday it would be tight fit at the top with a fitting+tube.

Like i might be able to make it work with a fitting and tubing right after... but the issue is how would I fill the reservoir? (doesnt seem like enough clearance)

unless i detach the res while filling up the loop? and then close it up once the loop is filled up

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
                Run PCIE cable behind motherboard tray and come up through a rubber grommet behind res. also use something to tie to the cards and behind motherboard.tray.
                I agree with nass about moving res higher and mounting pump below it. A DDC pump weighs next to nothing so you can have it mounted directly to your res using a spacer fitting with male threads on each end. Use a fitting that has a rotary connection at the end you plan on attaching to pump so you can get the best orientation for your pump.

Thanks for the idea Hooded, are you talking about something like this: https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...e_male_-_g1_4/

My d5 has an alphacool top installed which probably makes it a bit heavier. I just ordered a vid connector from daz too... would of added the spacer fitting a buck would i have known

Comment

I was thinking more like this
                  https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...g1_4_-_silver/
                  To allow you to point your pump in the desired direction while being sure both sides of connection was tight.
                  Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                  OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                  Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
                    I was thinking more like this
                    https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...g1_4_-_silver/
                    To allow you to point your pump in the desired direction while being sure both sides of connection was tight.
                    Yes this fitting. That would easily support the weight of a DDC.

From looking at posted pics, I see no reason why you dont have enough room to mount pump and still fill the rez. Looks like you got a shit ton of room. Throw a 45 deg fitting on the fill port while filling. I dont think you would even need that to fill. Just make sure the rez is well secured so it cant slide in mounts.

Comment

Im back guys, OK installed the pump on the front. Its right on the front of one of the two 140mm fans as Daz had suggested.
                      Dont think the pump would interfere with the bottom fan either, right?
                      Finally need to figure out where to install the drain, im not too sure since it should be the lowest point after the pump I would figure?

Thanks again for all the feedback

Last edited by simsin; 12-23-2014, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X