Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making your own ATX / PCIE cables for modular P.S.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm too A.D.D. / chaotic minded for zen stuff! I'd need prozac or something to slow my brain down. I'm not entirely pessimistic, but I know what I can't do. Not sure if I have the patience either Daz! Thanks for the tip. I never though about using the extension and just hiding the black cables. I could only do the power supply for now though. I ordered video cables too (pics above), but one of them only has 5 cables in it. Whoever sleeved that cable had about as much patience as WE do and skipped cable 6.

Could you throw an extra PCIE extension into my next order, in the same UV red? I can send the 5 pin one back anytime.

Comment

Yes, sorry for that... I was actually running out of those and made it myself... As you see result is.... SUCK!
      Run out of attention span after 5 wires.
      Sentinel Build: Build Log,
      Venom Build: Build Log,
      Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
      Orange Build: Final Video
      HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
        Yes, sorry for that... I was actually running out of those and made it myself... As you see result is.... SUCK!

Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
        OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
        Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
          LOL! One of your rare mistakes I'm sure! Hahahaha! I'll add a note to my next order to have you put in a replacement. Do you want the other one back so you can re-use the individual cables, or is it not worth the trouble?

Comment

he can prob just send the missing cable with next order then you just plug into the extention.
            You could use any of the extra cables you have for the missing one .
            Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
            OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
            Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

That's a better idea, less headache for Daz. I don't have a replacement cable though, otherwise I wouldn't have brought it up. I bought pre-done bright red UV ones, but red lava UV singles for my "BMW M powered" power cable experiment. I'll just ask Daz to send me a single red UV cable.

Comment

*snickers* I hate sleeving wires too. What a pain in the ass.
                Nova Stryker / Asus Z77 Sabertooth | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 32Gb | Crucial M5 240Gb | WD Black | Asus R9 390 Strix | CM Storm Stryker | BP Summit EF
                Nova Polaris / Asus Maximus Gene VIII | Intel 6600K | Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 16Gb | Intel M2 240Gb | Toshiba 2tb | EVGA GF 1070 | Fractal Node 804 | Swiftech Apogee XL2

Comment

I scored a set of those Corsair cables for the AX850 in black when they first came out, money well spent in my book but pretty stiff little buggers!
                  CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
                  XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Comment

Working...
                  X